“Easter Buffet”

Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Amado
Price range: US$3 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Cow Palace dates back to the 1920's and was once an old general store, commissary, bar, and a great place for cowboys, movie stars and friends to gather. The menu features not only hand cut steaks but also great burgers, salads, fish, Italian and Mexican entrees, bar app's and lots more! The Cow Palace is a Historic bar and restaurant with lots of old world charm, friendly staff and a comfortable atmosphere. Come and Visit Us!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Easter (04/01/2018) was one of the best in years. I highly recommend the Cow Palace. Staff are the most homiest. Bartender makes us feel at home. Super food. Can't wait to go back to patronage my new friends that work there, and will be back more often.
Well worth the drive. ***** 5-STARS *****
"I'LL BE BACK"

LynnArcy, Owner at Cow Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks so much, Donald. I, too, agree that my Chef and all Staff did a mighty fine job!
We so appreciate that you enjoyed your Easter Dining with us and look forward to having you join us again!
Have a great day!
Say Hello, when you come back.
Lynn

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You must remember most reviews out of this area are from retired, cheap and angry retired white dudes. That being said, the food was as intended as was the beverages. Prices are in line with a restaurant in the middle of nowhere. The job of some of these blue hairs done here is to complain. Full time. Give the Cow a chance, it's there in a pinch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No reservation but they have several tables that are never reserved. We were seated right away. 6pm on Friday ! Extensive menu. I had blue cheese burger. The most blue cheese on a restaurant burger to date! Cooked to perfection. Others in our group had ,chili,battered fish and fried fish. All said good meals.

LynnArcy, Owner at Cow Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you, kindly, for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and look forward to having you visit us again!
Happy Trails!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

They have whole lobster night on the last Friday of the month. I made a reservation one week ahead of time. I had a choice of a 1 1/4# or a 2# lobster. I chose the smaller one thinking there was no way I could eat a 2# one.
I was so excited to have lobster tonight and was so disappointed when I received my dinner. The meat in the tail was curled up on its back which looked cool but when I went to eat that piece of meat it was cold and so was the melted butter.
Second when I began to break into to the claws and the rest of the shell I found no meat. Very little meat for $36.
The table next to us ordered the 2# lobster and they got what looked like a lot of meat. Guess I didn’t pick the right size lobster.

LynnArcy, Owner at Cow Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello, I believe I responded to you directly. Hoping that you will return as my guest.
We cut the tail and pull out the lobster meat to assist with the process of eating a whole lobster. The tail meat will most often curl when that is done. Sometimes you may find a lobster with less meat in claws, there is now way to know that until they are cracked open!
As I responded to you, I wish I or the Server knew of your disappointed because I always order a few extra lobsters for reasons that you mentioned.
Thank you, though. We appreciate your comments.
I do hope to see you again.
Lynn

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Okay, so the sign out front is what made me come in.
The beer was cold and the steak was so so, the bartender was great (Shelly) service was prompt and on point.

LynnArcy, Owner at Cow Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you, for joining us and we are glad that Shelly provided the great service.
We hand cut our Rib Eye Steaks and Tops and they are Harris Ranch Beef and they should have a great taste.
Let me know the next time you visit!
Have a good day and again, we appreciate the review.