4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$436
Reviews (5 312)
5 312 results
3 963
3 963
All reviews cafe du parc the round robin bar peacock alley white house beautiful hotel washington monument classic hotel beautiful lobby perfect location room service national mall room was large mini bar an upgrade smithsonian museums two blocks concierge
Selected filters
25 - 30 of 5 312 reviews
Reviewed 27 July 2021

Great old hotel! Awesome view. wonderful luxury furnishings, bedding, soaps and towels. Nice Nespresso machine. Staff was Extremely NICE and Accommodating . only issue was room was difficult to cool down, but it was very hot out.

Reviewed 27 July 2021

Weekend trip to DC to visit our son. We have traveled to DC many times over the last 15 years. This was the first post COVID lockdown. Different, but still a great stay. We selected the Willard, well that’s where we usually stay and the Willard is the WILLARD. Centrally located - drinks at the bar - lunch at the cafe - all great. Great hotel service, front desk & housekeeping - room was perfect - security, comfortable.

Reviewed 26 July 2021

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this hotel. You cannot beat the location, the stunning lobby, and the totally wonderful Round Robin Bar. BUT- and I don't go to the Willard to watch TV- but I think it's crazy that a 5 star, over $400/night hotel doesn't have a program guide on the tv. What in the world? I also think it is really bizarre there are no towel racks in the bathroom. I have stayed in this hotel 6 or 7 times so it's not an anomaly. But thde biggest thing is the tv program guide. I just thdink that is nuts.

Room tip: good thing about this hotel is that it is very quiet.
Date of stay: July 2021
Willard InterContinental, Owner at Willard InterContinental Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear dixiechicken2911,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. To ensure you have everything needed for a comfortable stay, a variety of in-room amenities are available for your convenience. Unfortunately, most of our in-room paper collateral, including the TV guide, were removed from the rooms as a precaution and are now available on our website. In addition, there should have been an in-room letter with QR codes for easy access. I apologize if this item was missing in your room.
Thank you for letting us know about the towel rack as well: this is not a norm, and our engineering team is working on installing one in your room. We hope to see you as our guest again soon and trust that you will find all the amenities you expect from Willard.
Nathalia
Director of Rooms
nathalia.lopez@ihg.com

Reviewed 26 July 2021

The hotel is beautiful. It's an old building with historic significance. The room on the 12th floor was lovely for a three-night visit to DC. It's centrally located, close to the mall, the White House, and a metro stop. As we have not been on a vacation, we splurged on the hotel and enjoyed every bit of it. Morning breakfasts were excellent, albeit pricey (as is everything in DC, nearly). It's a better restaurant for breakfast than for dinner. Breakfast was lovely outside. We really lucked out with the weather. I loved the museum of the hotel at the back entrance. Peacock Alley is lovely place to sit and talk. The staff was exceptionally helpful. The bar is great for another look at history--it was Ulysses S. Grant's favorite place for spirits.

Reviewed 25 July 2021

It is a beautiful hotel with some great event spaces. The rooms was clean and comfortable with real marble and so on. Staff were friendly and professional.

However, I was disappointed to have to wait a *long* time to collect luggage we had stored. There didn't seem to be enough staff working.

I was also a bit astonished to have to search for outlets to plug in my phone. It's 2021! It's a five-star hotel! There could be outlets, maybe even usb ports in accessible locations.

I do very much appreciate that we received two bottles of water in the room and that wifi is free. I didn't feel like I was being nickled and dimed.

So it is nice, but at this price and class is perfection too much to ask?Also, not really ideal for family with a young child like us.

Room tip: Some rooms have better views than others. Ask for a view.
1  Thank travellevret

Dear Travellevret,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and appreciate the feedback we can improve on your future visits. I want to apologize for any delays you experienced while retrieving your luggage. We hope to bring back many more employees as the country recovers. Hopefully, this will include our Willard Kids Concierge, who will provide families with children with the resources needed for a seamless stay.
We hope your travels bring you back to Washington, D.C. soon, and you get a chance to experience all Willard has to offer.
Warm regards,