Reviews (2 067)
2 067 results
1 306
1 306
All reviews foggy bottom whole foods kennedy center grinder dish restaurant small kitchen potomac suite coffee beans full kitchen trader joes lincoln memorial residential street tree lined street watergate complex quiet neighborhood two blocks separate bedroom
118 - 123 of 2 067 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018

We brought our grandson to see D.C. and Nationals play and loved our stay at The River Inn. The entire staff was most kind and helpful even loaning us two metro cards and umbrellas. The metro, Foggy Bottom station was an easy 3 short tree lined residential blocks from the hotel making our trips to the National Mall and Ball Park very easy. There are several great grocery stores nearby which we used to help cut costs of eating out. The small kitchen in our unit was great for making breakfasts. We had a panoramic view of the Potomac River from our living/dining room area. The rooms were very spacious, comfortable and it was easy to control the temperature in the two rooms with duel controls. We appreciated coming back to a clean room after a full day of touring. We enjoyed eating dinners at some of the nearby Georgetown restaurants and thought our meal at the hotel restaurant was very good. This hotel did not disappoint!

Room Tip: Potomac King or Queen have panoramic views. Upper floors were very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Wwg4
Neal G, Manager at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Hello Wwg4!

Thank you so much for choosing the River Inn during your time in our Nation's Capital! We are so happy to know that you had such a wonderful experience and thank you for taking the time to post this fantastic review. Our entire team will be looking forward to your next visit and we are honored to have earned your recommendation. Thanks again for choosing the River Inn and have a great summer!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This place is just like everyone says-a hidden gem. Only the chilled laid back allowed! Minutes walk away from everything! Grocery stores, metro, Georgetown, riverfront! And I had a double suite I think it’s called. A room with 2 beds and separate bathroom and huge living room and galley kitchen! It was HUGE! I was told it was more but room 406 if you need reference. Will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hello Lauren C!

Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation and we are thrilled you found our hidden gem of a hotel! We truly appreciate you choosing to stay at the River Inn during your time in Washington DC and for taking the time to post this fantastic review. Our entire team is so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us and we will all be looking forward to your next visit. Thanks again for choosing the River Inn and have a great summer!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I recently stayed at the River In with my sister and loved it. Lobby and rooms have a modera trendy design but still warm and quaint. The girl at the front desk was so nice and kind. The room was pretty spacious and comfortable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hello Limona W!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a lovely review. We are so happy to know you loved your experience with us and our entire team is honored to have earned your recommendation. We will all be looking forward to your next visit. Thank you for choosing the River Inn during your time in Washington DC and have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Staff at the desk were very gracious, caring, and extremely helpful! They expressed genuine interest in my trip and offered any assistance I requested. All I encountered in every capacity were genuinely friendly and attentive. I would offer my strongest recommendation!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Neal G, Manager at The River Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hello woneillsj!

Thank you so much for choosing the River Inn during your time in Washington DC! We are so happy that you had a delightful experience with us and we are honored to have earned your recommendation. We truly appreciate you taking the time to post this wonderful review and our entire team will be looking forward to your next visit. Thanks again for choosing the River Inn and have a fantastic summer!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Visited for a quick girls getaway and I absolutely love how it's nestled into this cute neighborhood in Foggy Bottom. The staff was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond to make us feel at home during our stay. Our enormous suite had a complimentary cheese tray and bottle of wine waiting on us! The restaurant inside the hotel has some of the best lamb chops and scallops I've ever had however it's important to make a reservation before arriving because it gets super busy. But the best part of my stay were the BEDS! People take for granted the importance of a good mattress when you are traveling but because I have back issues it's very important to me. I can't wait to go back and hopefully the weekend prices stay reasonable!

Room Tip: Room 511 is a great corner room with lots of space!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Hello Monique B!

Thank you so much for choosing the River Inn during your time in our Nation's Capital! We truly appreciate you taking the time to post this wonderful review and your kinds words regarding our staff mean the world to us. It's fantastic to know that you enjoyed our beds, and I agree they are fantastic! Our entire team will be looking forward to your next visit. Thanks again for choosing the River Inn and have a great summer!