“My First Visit!”
Review of Acadiana

Acadiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Acadiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #106 of 3 524 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: Closest Metro is Gallery Place Chinatown on the Yellow, Green and Red Lines. Washington Circulator bus stops directly in front of restaurant on the New York Avenue Side.
Description: Acadiana offers the flavors, culture and the warmth of the seductive southern region. They offer the perfect balance of the old and new...taking advantage of the rich bounty found in the Mississippi Delta, Bayous and the Gulf of Mexico.
Reviewed 18 March 2018

I had heard about this restaurant for many years but recently decided to go. First, let me tell you that I'm not a spicy food eater and this restaurant features Cajun food. I found something on the menu that our server recommended since he was advised my dislike for spicy food. I ordered the Roasted Crisped Duck and my friend ordered the Blue Catfish. On my way from the restroom, I overheard another waiter telling a customer that the duck is the most ordered item. My duck entrée was the largest portion of duck that I'd ever had in a restaurant and mostly good however, it was overcooked/dry in some places. They serve good/small biscuits before the meal but the butter that comes with it has some kind of spicy gelatin on top which I didn't care for. I quickly ordered regular butter. I think that they should advise first-time guests about the butter being spicy. My friend wasn't thrilled with the serving size or the flavor of the Catfish. I love White Chocolate Bread Pudding enjoyed theirs and my friend enjoyed the pecan tart. The restaurant is beautiful and our reservation was at their opening at 5:30pm on a Saturday and the restaurant quickly filled up true to its popularity. Our server was Ben and he was great. In addition, Jose & Miguel provided great service. Overall, I'd rate them between Average and Very Good but not a strong Very Good.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were joined by two business associates for dinner at Acadiana while attending a meeting in Washington, DC. One of my associates and I had both spent significant time in Louisiana so we had high expectations. Good Cajun food can be addictive and this was pure Cajun Crack.
We sampled a variety of appetizers including the Boudin Balls (spicy little meatballs with a mustard sauce), Charbroiled Oysters (plump oysters and cheese charbroiled), and the sweet corn & blue crab soup. We shared tastes of this wonderful starter trio and everyone was happy with their choices.
For the entrees we selected the Louisiana Seafood Gumbo, the Smoked Pork Chop, and the Pan Crisped Duck. The fate of a good gumbo rests with the roux and this one scored big on this point. Add a plentiful supply of seafood and toss in a cup of rice and you have one fine meal. The smoked pork chop had a hint of smoke without tasting like an ash tray and kept the meat tender and juicy. Finally the duck was ample in portion (a full half duck) but was a little to salty for my wife’s taste.
Although the desert menu was tempting this crowd was stuffed after the large entree portions so we passed. We emerged from the restaurant expecting the French Quarter, but were brought back to the reality that we had never left DC.
If you want a taste of real Cajun cooking try Acadiana. You can thank me later.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

Staying at a nearby hotel we decided to this restaurant on our first night in town. We were tired and it was close. We were pleasantly surprised at what a great dinner and wonderful service we had. We were seated in a quiet out of the way booth that was meant for two. It may have seemed like a busy corner to some but to us it was perfect. The waitress was perfect and made many great wine and food recommendations. The food is Cajun food with a modern twist. We both enjoyed our dinner.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

What a delightful restaurant. The staff were amazing, the food beyond amazing and the ambience incredible. I went with someone that had been there before and recommended it for lunch. I was so impressed. I would highly recommend it anyone. Upscale southern food that was spot on. Make it a point to visit when in DC.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

Crab cakes and corn/crab soup very tasty. Crab cakes pretty expensive. Service was ok, however, could have been faster. Will return in the future.