“Lunch Crush is a great deal”
Review of Proof

Proof
Reserve with OpenTable
Proof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #119 of 3 524 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 8th and G
Transit: Gallery Place/Chinatown Metro
Reviewed 11 November 2017

The $14 Lunch Crush ($14 for an entree and glass of wine at the bar) is a great deal. The food is wonderful, and the service is attentive. My only complaint is that the choice of entrees is very limited and doesn't vary much.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

This was an ideal spot for lunch while visiting galleries with a friend. The menu had good choices, and we were pleased with choices we made, with help from our waiter: fish tacos for me and chef's favorite chicken dish (I forget what it was called, but it was beautiful) for friend. Good wine as well. Especially enjoyed the environment which was not too loud and boisterous for conversation, and we never felt rushed.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Proof is always good. Located near Verizon Center. Valet parking. I had the hanger steak. Fairly good but I don’t think one of their specialties. My friend had the lamb and it was fantastic. Julie Child’s Walnut Apple pie for dessert. Save room!

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

My son picked two places to eat went we went to visit him in d.c. I chose brunch for proof because it looked like my kind of brunch. We arrived earlier than my son so we had ordered a cheese plate. The cheeses, dates, walnut bread and honey were excellent. I chose a cinnamon brioche bun with lemon icing, you get 2 so be prepared to share. I loved it with the lemon icing. I had the Matilde omelette which had eggs so fluffy and the size was perfect. Hubby had churros and angry eggs which he loved. Son had eggs Benedict which was excellent. We cabbed there and then went to the national portrait gallery after. Perfect rainy day.

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Although the food and service are above par, the name of this restaurant gives you a clue as to their strength. The bar selection in terms of cocktails, wines and wine by the glass are extensive. We went for a family dinner and enjoyed the meal immensely. Its a little dark inside and we all pulled out our iPhones with flashlight to read the menu. The waiter immediately provided us with lighted magnifying glasses. We started from the Charcuterie. I had the Smoked Austrian Speck and my daughter tried the Seared Pork Belly. Both were excellent and plentiful as an appetizer portion. The ladies also had the Potato Gnocchi, which they enjoyed, while I had the Pekin Duck. The waiter made sure to inform me that this was not Peking duck as they have had confused dinners in the past. The only downside was when we asked for a glass of the house red wine and was haughtily informed we needed to pick from the wine by the glass menu. I guess with the emphasis on the wide variety and selection we should have known better. Otherwise, a great place.