“Consistently great Indian food”
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 3 666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at Rasika four times in the last year and the food is consistently exceptional and has a menu that changes regularly. The service is consistently attentive and friendly. The last eat visit I had the Lamb Vindaloo and the fried cauliflower, both were unbelievable. Paired with Negroni cocktail, I left exquisitely satisfied for less than $50 which is a bargain in DC for food this good.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 575)

69 - 73 of 2 575 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner as a group of 5 . Ambience is wonderful and it was easy to converse. The food was amazingly good and tasty. Their signature Palak chaat was worth it . We had chicken ( with mint curry) which was delicious and the the egg plant in the curry sauce was outstanding .
The daal was average and the drinks (2 cocktails) were not the standard that I expected. Although there was plenty of staff around , strangely, our waiter was always busy elsewhere - hence the main reason for the 4 stars instead of 5.
Overall , it was a good experience and I would probably go back again.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I love this place. If you’re looking for fresh, flavorful Indian food in a great atmosphere, this is your place. I highly recommend the Palak chaat and chicken makhani.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

My two colleagues chose a 4-course meal and I had a chicken Tikka with rice and naan. They had 2 beers each, I begrudgingly stuck to water. Total damage: $187 with taxes and tip. Let me be clear that the food was above norm, even excellent, but not commensurate to the prices charged. The place presents itself as a somewhat upscale establishment, if not a bit pretentious. Complete with its own valet parking. We have excellent Indian restaurants in my hometown that are not even half as expensive. Yes, Washington DC is an expensive town, but there are limits. My three star rating reflects the quality of the food tempered by the excessive prices.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Our family of teens loved Rasika! Three of us ordered the chef's menu, and everything was super tasty! I was quite full when we left! I will definitely go back next time I am in DC!