Lowest prices for your stay
Travelocity
Trip.com
US$163
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/09/24
Expedia.comUS$175
Orbitz.com
travelup.comUS$192
All reviews rooftop terrace valet parking same block national mall washington monument valet service room was spacious convenient location housekeeping staff white house starbucks metro neighborhood elevator conference
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2021 via mobile

Hi,
( here is the email I wrote to manager/ general manager)

My stay was April 21-22, 2021

I wanted to share my experience staying at your hotel. I want to say that your staff at the front desk absolutely amazing from the person who check me in early in the morning to the person who checked me out at 5am( graveyard person) I wish I got his name. That is only thing that I would say was positive about experience staying at your hotel. I will included pictures in the email. I travel a lot , and I use to work for Hilton Worldwide . I was extremely thankful that on April 21,2021 I was able to check in early ( I had meetings that day). I soon as I walked into my room I few things stood up to me . Bathroom had water all over the sink and on the floor . No problem I just put towels on the water . But amount of water was a lot. Side where desk is walls are so dirty. I couldn't figure out if it was blood or what on the wall. Table /where glass has damage and water stains on it . I can overlook all of that (I guess) but what I found disgusting is bedding .

I found hairs on the bed . Black hairs- I have blond hair. Black hairs where inside white sheets unaided. I always check mattress for bed bugs every time I arrive so when I lifted sheets . I realize there are no protective covers on the mattress. Wrong for so many reasons . On top sheets where put on wrong way . Shower also had black hairs on it.

I will include pictures . With time stamps . When I travel how clean rooms are that is most important to me. Thankfully I was there for a day literally to sleep. I sleeps on small corner of the bed because I was offside what else I could find.

Oh on top at 1 am someone was running in the hallways screening , and yelling on the third floor. Parting . I called front desk and they address it pretty quickly.

Please look into cleanness , housekeeping , and maybe audit how clean they are.

Room tip: Do not stay here
Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank GoPlaces66354797804
Management response:Responded 3 May 2021

Dear GoPlaces66354797804,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I immediately became disheartened when reading your review. Please accept my deepest apologies regarding our less than stellar housekeeping and the lack of attention to detail. What you experienced is not typical. Rest assured, your comments have been conveyed to our housekeeping team and will be addressed. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to have the opportunity to provide a more pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 6 March 2021 via mobile

A bed, a TV and a pillow... no Food and beverage.
Parking access dirty. Hotel needs deep cleaning. Suites are not suites but rooms with added wall to create a separation. Smell in the room. Old noisy Heat system.
First time we stay at a “Choice Hotel”. Disappointing.
Will never return.

Date of stay: March 2021
3  Thank travelfanatic2017
Management response:Responded 7 March 2021

Dear travelfanatic2017

I’m sorry that our amenities and accommodations were not to your liking; please forgive us. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I regret that we left you with a poor impression. Your feedback is welcomed and taken into consideration as we strive to meet the needs of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed 2 October 2020

The Cambria is a lovely hotel located within an easy walking distance to the National Mall, If you prefer, there are buses and the rail system, plenty of transportation choices. The queen suites we were in were very clean, spacious and well-ordered, and the food in the restaurant was delicious. The Giant, a wonderful grocery store, is located in the very next block which opens up around 6 am, so we were able to shop there before our meeting. But, above all of that was the outstanding service of the hotel staff. Maurice not only provided excellent valet service, but engaged with us in delightful and informative conversation about the area. Our waiter, Orlando, stayed after his shift was over to make sure our order was delivered in a timely manner. Even the chef reopened the kitchen to accomodate us. Chris and Michael at the fron desk went to great lengths to help me recover my lost phone, replying to a text sent to me and trying to contact me every half hour to let me know it was safe. My fellow church members and I were well pleased with our experience at the Cambria and highly recommend it.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Wanderer264866
Management response:Responded 5 October 2020

Dear Wanderer264866,

I'm glad that our cleanliness and location helped make for a nice trip. All compliments are appreciated but it’s especially kind of you to recognize the staff who do a great job taking care of all our guests. Should your travels bring you back to the area I hope we are your first choice for lodging.

Best,

Reviewed 30 September 2020

My two night stay on September 27th and 28th couldn't have been better. Front desk and housekeeping staff were really friendly and my suite (RM 617 ) was excellent. Special thanks to the lady and gentleman that worked AM and PM shifts on Monday for handling my stay extension without a fuss.
There are multiple restaurants in the vicinity and this is a perfect location for those wanting to experience the 'real' Washington DC.
Guests have access to the roof terrace for a fantastic 360 degree views of the city.
I will return many times.
Silas

Room tip: Higher floors for better views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 793silasn
Management response:Responded 2 October 2020

Dear 793silasn,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, and for taking the time to write a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, as well as our service. Our hotel aims to provide a truly unique experience, and we are thrilled that we were able to exceed your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 12 September 2020

I did not like this property. First off the hotel is in a transitional neighborhood that is sketchy. Just a block over hordes of young people hanging out all night pulling up on car door handles (witness) and just up to know good. Second the staff at the front desk were rude upon checking-in and did not seem to care about customer service. Third if you were driving the parking situation is atrocious no valet and parking fees was being charged each time you left the parking garage. My floor had parties and it was loud throughout the night. I would not stay here again. The only positives were the room was spacious and the mattress was soft. I would not bring my family to this property.

2  Thank devonw627
Management response:Responded 14 September 2020

Dear devonw627,

It’s important to our entire team that all our visitors feel comfortable, so I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our associates live and work in this area and overall find it to be very safe. I sincerely regret that inconsiderate guests interrupted the comfort of your stay. Your feedback is welcomed as it allows us to monitor and improve the guest experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your review.