“Excellent food and service”

Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier
Reserve with OpenTable
Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3 522 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 24th and 25th
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro
Description: Since 1999, Chef Wiedmaier infuses his Belgian heritage into Marcel's elegant haute French flagship restaurant. Regularly topping the best-of-lists in the nation's capital, in 2011 and 2012, it was rated the top restaurant for food by Zagat as well as one of the top five restaurants for service.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of the best restaurants in DC. It is expensive but you get what you pay for. The menu offers you several options on how many courses you want to have and they are priced accordingly but it’s worthwhile.
It also offers an early prie-fixe menu if you are going to the Kennedy Center and they even give you a ride to and from the Center.
The service could be spotty and snotty but over all it’s OK.
The quality of the food trumps all the service shortcomings. Also I have been impressed with the wine sommelier’s suggestions whenever I have asked him for help with a wine “that won’t break the bank” normally he always suggests reasonable priced selections which have always been very good. This is a place that is good to go whenever you want great food or for special celebrations.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I’d made a reservation for the pre-theater three course dinner. I called the day before, because I was dining alone and wanted to get a feel as to whether I’d be comfortable. They were very reassuring, explaining where they would seat me, to be comfortable and in view of the bustling kitchen. They, and especially Senior Captain Jonathan, took care of me from beginning to end, ensuring my complete satisfaction with the experience. Every bite of food was exceptionally presented and delicious. The pre-theater menu was described as having smaller portions than the larger tasting menus, but it was more food than I could eat, making the meal an outstanding value for a top-notch dining experience. I also appreciated that alcohol was not pushed on me in the least, and noted that glasses of wine were prominently presented as options to diners, not just full bottles of wines. The staff offered subtle and kind celebratory touches to diners celebrating special occasions. To top it off, they offer free limousine service to the theater, ensuring that diners arrive there in plenty of time to make it through the theater’s mandatory bag checks. My experience was unmatched, and I hope to be able to dine there again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived today in Washington DC and we were looking for a great experience dining out.
Marcel happened to be very close to our hotel and the reviews were great so we decided to go.
It did not disappoint! What a delicious meal! Fine, savory, delicate, beautiful presentation, great service.
A little pricey but totally worth it!
Totally recommend it!

1  Thank Florencia S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited Marcel's during an anniversary trip to DC and loved everything about it. The food and service were both amazing and the restaurant is lovely. Highly recommend the 7 course tasting menu- it was outstanding. After our dinner, they offered to drive us back to our hotel- a kind and unexpected gesture.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Marcel's by Robert Wiedmaier is a lovely dining experience.. Both front end and kitchen provide great attention to detail.

Mary Ann and I were seated in a corner table around 5:30 p.m... Through the mirror on the far wall, Mary Ann could see what was happening in the kitchen.

Jonathan Crayne as service captain provided exceptional advice, warmth, and friendliness throughout the meal.

In attention to the soup amuse bouche, Mary Ann's meal with the Lobster Ravioli.. filled so the ravioli resembled a ping pong ball in shape.. Wonder Grilled Duck Entree..

I had the Blue Mussels Gratin also lovely but perhaps without the wow appearance of the ravioli as well as the Salmon Entree

For Dessert, Mary Ann had the Mango Mousse and I had the Marjolaine of Hazelnut Daquoise, Praline Cream, Coffee Gelato.. Both excellent but the Marjolaine has the wow factor.. Followed by intentionally strong coffee.. thank you.. and 3 piece Amuse Bouche.

Very delightful meal