“German food is still here”

Old Europe Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 3 558 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$18 - US$20
Cuisines: German
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Good Old Europe is still has it you want German food outside Germany? Come here. You will not be disappointed. Good food, reasonable price, best service and good atmosphere. Thank you and will be back again.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Everything I ate was awesome. I don’t say that often. Portions were large, food was very well prepared, service was great! Dessert was also better than expected. Gonna have to come back to this one.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

I would go tol this place over and over again. There food is absolutely amazing, I neen there multiple times and each time everything was perfect, staff is super nice. I kad from steak, too schnitzel, to mulen wine, pate, gorgeous!

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

From the quaint old decor to the authentic German waitress this place was an event for us. We had fun trying to guess how to pronounce the menu items and our server was kind and helped us through. It all tasted SO much better than when I make it at home. A must stop in DC if you are wanting a little something different. Would come again!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

My wife and I have been returning to Old Europe many many times over the past couple years. We've broght friends and family here as well. The food is always great, I really like the seasonally alternating menus, which focus on locally grown produce as it's 'in season'. Their sausages and home-made mustards are fantastic. Sometimes the place gets quite lively, with live music and even sometimes German dancing in the aisles. We'll continue to frequent this spot. My only complaint is they never seem to have a good peppermint schnapps on site, though the others are nice to sip after a good meal.