“Good food, great service - close to the White House”

Occidental Grill & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Occidental Grill & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #214 of 3 523 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 14th
Transit: Metrocenter 13 & F
Description: Occidental Grill & Seafood is a DC dining institution just steps from the White House, with a history dating back more than 110 years. This iconic gathering place combines legendary staying power with a constantly evolving, cutting-edge menu that takes a fresh and current approach to classic American cuisine.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We stopped here for lunch. Great menu - plenty of variety on the menu. Helpful and friendly staff. Great location close to the White House. Plenty of seating inside & out. I will return next time I’m in DC. Close to the National Monument.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were in the National Mall are and stop here for lunch and beers. Great service, great food. Super nice to eat outside and the food was very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just here with me son for snacks and cocktails. I tried the Senator cocktail; a delicious, tight drink that is not overly sweet.
We had a lovely street side table with an awesome view of the park and people walking by.

By far the best part of my experience at the Occidental Grill was our sweet server Iman. Service can make or break a meal, and Iman took such good care of my son and I. She was so warm and kind; she accommodated our needs as vegetarians.
Super place, super service! Thanks Iman!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This restaurant is part of the Willard Hotel area. We ate outside. The location of the tour buses near our table was a distraction. The food was mostly bland, the service was sub-par and the price was high. The only good thing was the rain had stopped and we were able to sit outside finally.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Found this place last minute and very happy we did. My wife had the Mixed Salad topped with tuna and the tuna was cooked to perfection with amazing flavor. I had the Steak & Eggs - outstanding filet and the duck eggs were perfectly poached. The Blue Corn Grits are a must, best grits I've ever tasted!
Ambiance is nice with photos and portraits of DC's "important folks" and others adorning the walls. Service was spectacular without being obtrusive. Mo, our server, had great tips and suggestions for the newcomer.
Will definitely visit again soon.