“Another Sub Par Tex Mex Place..............”

San Antonio Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 044 of 3 662 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Someone guided us to this place and I was sorry for it. First off, the place could do with a serious update on the décor as well as its wait staff. I was greeted by a man in a tea shirt and jeans (really??) and ones that looked worse for the wear! I understand this is a neighborhood place but come on! The waiters barely spoke English and passed plates over mine and other diners (to me that is a real no no). I ordered (to my dismay) Fish Tacos which were on the menu as Golden Fried Tilapia, Stuffed with coleslaw, tomatillo sauce, pickled red onions, in a flour or corn tortilla and Served with Rice & Black beans. Golden Fried was very overcooked no tomatillo sauce, very little onions and a sorry piece of avocado. The sauce that was served was a hot pepper sauce that I couldn't use. I make a much better Beans and Rice. I couldn't and wouldn't finish my meal and the rest of the table didn't care for their meals. I won't go into the other diners dinners except to say that my sister in law had me taste her steak when she was almost finished and I knew right away that the meat was on the way to spoilage. Needless to say she was sick for hours. Don't go here for a meal or you might be sorry!!!!

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Carried menu many styles Peruvian and mex I did have steak,
Good portions and prices ..
Nice area! Plenty of seating and parking available too.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

A small group of four of us went to San Antonio Grill as one of our friends, who acknowledges the bad service and the so-so food, is a regular customer because of the Happy Hour prices. Mind you, we went at the end of Happy Hour for us to have dinner.

Started with pint of Guinness and a shot of Cognac, and out of the four pints one of them had a chipped glass which had to be returned for safety and sanitary issues.

Food is ok as there are many Text-Mex restaurants in the DMV area that are much better both in terms of price and food. I had the steak quesadillas and because they didn't have the lamb chops ( informed way after we ordered the food), we had the New York Steak. Another friend had Santa Fe shrimps and Babyback ribs while another had a shrimp fajitas. We also had nachos and Chile con queso as appetizers.

Our table was shaking and noone came to even try to fix it in addition to the waiter lack of professionalism except perhaps the one bartender. Our waiter didn't even want to pick up the empty plates even though the restaurant was empty. In fact, only by the time we had our appetizers two small groups of three people were seated and even then, the pace of the service remained poor and slow.

Overall, I would not recommend this restaurant food quality, ambiance and service is mediocre for the price you are asked to pay. This is not a restaurant one should pay more than 10.00USD for a plate.

1  Thank BrandMoiAhora
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

It did not fulfill my expectations. Too pricey for what you get. Staff is very friendly though. Kuddos to Henrique it made the visit enjoyable

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Did not have a good experience going here for happy hour with friends. They were out of guacamole (really? at Mexican restaurant?), the waitress came back more than once to clarify our orders, it took at least 20 minutes to get chips and salsa, all of the drinks we ordered were wrong, and food was average at best, that is being generous.