“Great place for drinks!”
Review of The Hamilton

The Hamilton
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hamilton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #154 of 3 558 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: F Street NW
Transit: A short walk from either the McPherson Square or Metro Center station along the Red, Orange and Blue Lines.
Description: The Hamilton is a 37,000 square feet, 500-seat restaurant and live entertainment venue offering three dining rooms, three bars and a sushi bar. The restaurant offers seasonal and regional American cuisine, for brunch, lunch, dinner, dessert, as well as a sushi menu. The Hamilton Live is the lower level 300-seat live music and entertainment venue offering nightly entertainment from local, national and international musicians.
Reviewed 12 March 2018

We stopped in here to grab a few drinks after dinner. They have a great selection of wine, spirits, and beer. The décor and ambiance are great. The wait staff in the bar was a little sparse but we weren't in a hurry.

Write a ReviewReviews (2 099)

150 - 154 of 2 099 reviews

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had the steak. It was great. However, then came dessert. I ordered a birthday cake boozy milkshake and my partner ordered a peanut butter cheesecake and a beer. The cheesecake and beer arrived at the table - but mine didn’t. Then the waitress came to say that ‘the house was out of shakes’, then walked off. To say this once one dessert had already arrived was poor and we were not impressed. I also didn’t have anything to drink at this point, other than the table water. It totally ruined the evening being totally honest. This was meant to be a special meal to celebrate my 30th birthday and instead I ended up sat watching my partner enjoy their dessert whilst I drank water.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Very nice place. Right avross from the Williard. We thought it was in a good location. Just popped in for lunch. Had a great meal and good wine and beer. Even opted for dessert. Glsd zi did.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped by The Hamilton after a busy day in DC. I’m a first time visitor and the exterior architecture caught my eye. The place was jammed packed. I put my name in for a table and went to the bar. Many liquors and beer to choose from. Most were from small distillers and brewers. I’m a Chopin vodka drinker. This bar had none. Chose a potato vodka I had never heard of produced in Maryland. It was quite good. Only waited a few minuets for a table and was surprised to find not only your standard menu items but a long list of sushi! The sushi was great. I had some bass, which I have never seen on a menu. Try the fire roll if you dare!! As I said, the food, drinks and dinner were wonderful. Now the downside - the service. Very slow and inattentive staff. No water refills or check backs on the food. No checking to see if I wanted another cocktail. I actually waited 15 minutes to get my check and had to ask for it 3 separate times. If your in town and price isn’t an option I would recommend the Hamilton. Be warned, the service, at least on my visit was not up to the caliber of the ambiance and food.

2  Thank midnightrider2017
Reviewed 6 March 2018

I love the atmosphere of this restaurant/bar. Also their happy hour special is half-off sushi so we got a great meal for cheap! Drinks are fairly priced and they offer a great selection of wines. Can't wait to come back again!