Hamilton Hotel Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Restaurant
One Washington Circle Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$137
US$114
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$141/night.

Grand Hyatt Washington(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$125
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$153/night.

US$167
US$149
  • Pool
Georgetown Suites(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$151
  • Breakfast included
Beacon Hotel & Corporate Quarters(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
Hotel Harrington(Washington DC)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$121
US$117
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

The Wink(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$122
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$129
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$161/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$320
  • Pool
All reviewsshuttle to union stationfree shuttlehotel shuttlefront deskhot tubbreakfast areawould stay here againnice staystayed here for three nightsentire stayearly checkhotel staffuberratessightseeing
Reviewed 26 November 2017

I would give this hotel 3 stars if it wasn't for the price. True I booked just a week before my trip, and we are talking about DC,... but still...
The lobby is semi-invisible or non-existent at all, just the front desk next to main door and one small couch.
The rooms were mediocre. You get that feeling of 'not fresh' in general.
The bedding were clean and bed comfortable.
A/C + Heating was quite noisy and I ended up keeping it off.
The bathroom needed a refresh. I even had to report to the staff all the problems I encountered. They kindly took note of the problem, apologize and give me few bucks off my original fare "for the trouble". Staff was very kind and seems to understand my concerns (I ended up talking directly with the maintenance manager)... but still there are certain problems that should be easy to pick without waiting for a customer to report.
Things like faucet have only hot (boiling) water (no cold water). Ended up taking water from the tub to brush my teeth. Then sink was clogged and wouldn't drain. Shower head was broken and most of the water would come down the wall instead of the spray. All little things that would probably cost few bucks to fix.

The breakfast was quite cheap. The sausages and eggs had that feeling of being a day old and kept warm for 30 hours straight. The rest was all pre-packaged food with sad pastry and bad coffee.

Room Tip: Avoid sausages/eggs for breakfast if you don't want tummy-ache for the rest of your day
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Sarah L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Fabrizio; We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay while in Washington, DC. We value our guests feedback as it allows us to see where we are doing well, and where improvements may be needed. We appreciate you sharing with us that the service met your needs I am sorry to hear the guestroom and breakfast did not. Thank you again for bringing this and the other concerns to our attention, which allowed us to correct the things we could while you were on site. We are sorry the water temperature was inconsistent. I understand they are minor plumbing fixes and we've reported this to Maintenance to fix all that we can right away. We've also spoken with our breakfast attendants to correct what we can there. Thank you again for your business and for taking the time to share this experience with us. We do hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations, as we know we can.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Nice enough hotel - what you would expect. They run a shuttle bus to the station. We booked a pickup and they didn't show up - then argued about - otherwise the place was good. Not much around - within walking distance.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Martin S
Sarah L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Martin; We would like to thank you for selecting our hotel for your stay during your first trip to Washington, DC. We appreciate your business.

We are pleased to hear the hotel met your needs well and you had a good stay. However, I noticed we missed a time to pick you up from the Metro and we would like to apologize for that. We will review this further with the staff to ensure that times are written and double checked so we don't miss our guests when they need us. We understand the area directly around us is limited and does not provide a better opportunity to explore the surroundings. Northeast is ever changing and we hear that new shops and restaurants may be coming soon nearby the hotel.

Thank you again for being our guests and sharing your review. We hope to welcome you again next time you are coming to DC.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Northeast and I had mixed emotions about my stay. First I will start out with the good.

Pros: The hotel was very clean, the grounds well cared for, and the staff were very nice. Our room appeared well cared for. The bed was neatly made and the room was well organized. The shuttle to union station was nice but it had a limited schedule. The breakfast was well stocked with a large selection.

Cons: The major issue that I had with this hotel is that it appears to be used as an over flow for the local homeless shelter. The 1st to 4th floor was occupied by overflow from a shelter. There were several families moving about all times of day and night. I looked out my 5th floor window one night to see a man standing in front of a woman (who had a small child in a stroller next to her)holding the lower portion of his coat open. I dare not say what I thought they were doing out there. The next day I observed the woman pushing the stroller through the lobby. One night my wife and I returned at 9pm to see a man holding the side door open for another man. It dare not ask what it was that they were doing. All night long I heard sirens going back and forth which caused me to wake. I understand there everyone deserves a place to stay but as a IHG club member I never thought the hotel that I paid good money for would have been used to supplement the local shelter. I am sure the shelter screens their clients but I believe it is a safety issue for families staying there. I would not stay at this location again if visiting DC. I ask travelers to make their own decisions though. Good luck

Room Tip: You will not be able to stay on the ground floor because it is used as a shelter
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jw98
Sarah L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear jw; Thank you for your candid review. We appreciate your comments and pleased to hear the cleanliness, great customer service, breakfast quality and maintenance of the hotel met your needs well. I am sorry to hear there were some aspects of the stay that left you feeling uneasy in any way. Part of our community outreach is to host a few displaced families and I understand by appearances this is not what you expect from our level of hotel. The families are respectful to all guests and what was observed was not what it seemed we are sure of that. While we cannot control the outside noise we appreciate the importance of a quiet environment when traveling and very sorry the exterior noise interfered with your pleasant stay. We apologize once again for not meeting all your expectations for the brand and busy city location. I will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve our services.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

You will find that the hotel itself meets the expectations of the chain. It is not situated in the best area. You will need to drive or uber to restaurants except for a few fast food places nearby. One beautiful asset is the National Arboretum around the corner. Be sure to visit there for an hour.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sarah L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Heather; Thank you for selecting our hotel as your place to stay while visiting Washington DC. It was our pleasure having you as our guest and even though the location wasn't the ideal fit, we are pleased that overall we met your expectations well. One our of favorite places to recommend is the Arboretum nearby. It is a beautiful park to walk around and explore the gardens. With fall is upon us in a few short weeks, the trees will begin to change and brighten the landscape.

We do hope to welcome you again next time you are in DC.

Sarah L

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

After dealing with numerous hotel staff through out the summer vacationing I can honestly say your front desk staff is the best. Nataysa was an absolute charm to deal with, she was friendly, kind, and extremely helpful. It was a pleasure staying at your hotel and dealing with such a professional sweet young lady.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Sarah L, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Washington DC-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2017

Dear twsantiago; Thank you for choosing our hotel as your place to stay while visiting Washington, DC. We appreciate your kind words for our friendly team members. We work hard to ensure our guests have all they need for a great stay and delighted to hear our customer service exceeded your expectations. We will share your praise with her and the team to encourage and motivate them to keep up the great job for our valued guests. We hope to welcome you again next time you are in town.

Warm Regards,