Open today: 10:00 - 17:30

from US$49,00
from US$39,00
Reviews (1 004)
1 004 results
All reviews pony express union station stamp collection stage coach free postcards across the street collect stamps post office building train car interactive exhibits scavenger hunt hands on activities on display information desk great for kids gift shop all ages
71 - 76 of 1 004 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I went there by mistake. But, yet enjoyed the museum and the silence. I like the train kept for show there.

Ryan T, Visitor Services Assistant at National Postal Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

We're glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for the 5 star review!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

There ARE some good exhibits here --- how the mail works,, early mail delivery, postal inspector cases (really interesting), war letters (terrific), pony express, postal planes,, etc. But, some of it is a bit boring like stamps and more stamps, flowers on stamps and a few others that bored us. So, hit or miss and some interest...after you've seen the bigger museums.

1  Thank darwinmoore

With over 6 million objects in our collection, we certainly do have lots of stamps! Thanks for visiting.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I really thought this museum would be quite dull and I only went in it because it was right by my hotel and allowed me to kill time between checkout and time to catch my train, but it was surprisingly interesting. They had an interesting exhibit "Letters Home", it was a collection of letters from soldiers during different wars home to family and friends. I also enjoyed the exhibits regarding the role the USPS plays in combatting crime, including 9/11 and Ted Kazinski. The museum brought to light aspects of the USPS that I had never considered.

Amy - we're glad you enjoyed your time here at the museum. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I love the Postal Museum!! It is much more interesting than it might sound. There are lots of interactive exhibits and kids will definitely enjoy themselves. My favorite area is the mail sorting area where kids (or grown ups) can attempt to sort packages and other mail. There is also an area where you can see how mail used to be delivered throughout history. A great family experience.

Ryan T, Visitor Services Assistant at National Postal Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you for the great review! We love to see families having fun and learning together.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We found out that they were having a Hamilton exhibit and went to the Postal Museum. The people that work there are not very nice when you ask questions but, the rest of the Museum was lots of learning and fun!

1  Thank Amy C

Amy - we are sorry to hear that your customer service experience did not live up to our usual standards during your visit. We pride ourselves on having a friendly and approachable floor staff, who go above and beyond to help our visitors. Our museum is currently participating in a Smithsonian-wide initiative of customer service training for all staff, including those who work behind the scenes. We'd love to welcome you back and would be happy to answer any questions you may have!