Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$298
TripadvisorUS$298
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$298
Orbitz.comUS$298
CheapTicketsUS$298
All reviews the national portrait gallery architectural details historic bank building bank teller robes and slippers small touches romantic weekend penn quarter room service downstairs bar the bed was super comfortable an amazing hotel room door hotel is centrally located the check in desk great shower national mall
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 February 2020

I stayed at this new hotel on a business trip. My room was small with no real desk to work at. But it was well furnished and had high-end linens. Throughout the hotel, the decorations carry out the banking theme.

The staff was uniformly friendly and helpful. For example, the bellman Mi-el gave me directions and then followed up when I came back to make sure I had found what I was looking for.

The hotel is located within walking distance of any top attractions.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Matthew L
RiggsDC, General Manager at Riggs Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2020

Matthew L,

Thank you for your feedback, pleased to read our team exuded the personable excellence we demand from ourselves. We hope to have the honor of having you back with us in the near future to earn that fifth circle of which we demand from ourselves we are saddened we missed during your experience!

Reviewed 13 February 2020 via mobile

Hotel is amazing! Staff could not be any friendlier. A shout out to bellhops Zach, Terry and Chris as they made me feel at home and they displayed amazing customer service!! I will be back with my family soon. Thank you Riggs!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank butlerbulldogs

butlerbulldogs,

Thank you for choosing the brand new Riggs DC and for your excellent rating! I am elated to read Zachy, Terry, Chris and our team exuded the personable excellence we aim to provide and have shared your compliments with our entire team. We eagerly await your return visit and thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 10 February 2020

My wife and I had an awesome time staying at this hotel. When we arrived the valet parking was very easy and convenient. Check in went smoothly and we were at our room very quickly. The room was comfortable and well decorated. I particularly liked the shower (which had good water pressure, a pet peeve of mine).

We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs and have nothing but good things to say about the food and service. My favorite part was the bar downstairs though. The staff was friendly and made recommendations for drinks to try. If you like mixed drinks I highly recommend one called "Project Apollo."

1  Thank Traveler9912577
RiggsDC, General Manager at Riggs Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2020

Traveler9912577,

Thank you for entrusting us to be your hotel of choice during your visit to DC with your wife here at the new Riggs Washington DC. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our beautifully designed guest rooms, spacious spa-like showers and hotel amenities. Loved to hear you enjoyed our cocktail lounge, Silver Lyan, an amazing experience in its own with delicious cocktail offerings, the "Project Apollo" is one of my wife's personal favorites as well. Please do visit us again in the near future and thank you for being our valued guest!

Reviewed 10 February 2020

I loved so many aspects of this hotel and my stay here that I'm not sure where to start. The design team has kept so many details that will remind guests that they are staying in what was once a bank. The check in desk is reminicent of those a bank teller would use. The main lounge and restaurant (Riggs Cafe) space has a three-story high ceiling with beautiful, original (I believe) columns. You need to check out Silver Lyan the bar/lounge downstairs (rez required) because it is amazing! The guest rooms are really cool with many "bank" details including using a small "vault" as the minibar. And, the beds were super comfy. I didn't use the gym, but it looked like it was a nice size and had everything you'd need (Pelaton incl.). The staff is very welcoming and helpful - no too-cool-for-school, luxury hotel attitude - which is really nice for a high-end hotel. Plus, it's in a great location of Penn Quarter. Highly recommend!

4  Thank jj4580

jj4580,

Thank you for your detailed feedback and excellent rating! Our designer, Jacu Strauss, was committed to honoring the heritage and history of our historic building which I am thrilled resonated during your exploration of our property. A critical component for our guest experience was to ensure we provide a refreshingly personal reprieve from the scripted, tired, cookie cutter luxury hospitality norm via letting each and every team members personalities shine in our interactions. We want the Riggs experience to be a energizing one that simply allows you, our valued guest, to leave happier than when you arrived. I am ecstatic we succeeded in doing so, greatly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back many times in the future here at Riggs, your home away from home in DC!

Reviewed 9 February 2020

Loved this place. Beautiful building with tasteful accommodations in a great downtown location Walking distance to the mall, theaters, trendy restaurants and bars, museums and the Capitol One Arena. Our room was spacious and comfortable with a view of the National Portrait Gallery across the street.We ate at Cafe Riggs and had drinks at the Sylvan Lyan. The food and cocktails were both exceptional. Staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.

2  Thank bevDC

bevDC,

Our entire team is ecstatic to read your experience rang with the tones of consistent personable excellence we demand from ourselves across all departments! We collectively take immense pride in our F&B outlets via Café Riggs and Silver Lyan which I am happy to read both exceeded your expectations. We hope to have the honor of having back many times in the future and thank you for choosing Riggs Washington DC during our opening month!