“Perfect End to a Busy Day”

Magnolia Kitchen & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Magnolia Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #919 of 3 664 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Spent the day at the Capitol on a "Day on the Hill Day" for a non-profit and were exhausted and hungry. Looking for a casual place wondered into Magnolia Kitchen and had a great experience. I had a cobb salad and it was one of the best I have had and I've had many. Someone else had the pasta and really enjoyed it. Saw people enjoying pizza at tables around us. Inside was noisy, but we were able to sit outside on a nice night and with a delicious dinner and a glass of wine it.a great end to a wonderful but tiring day. We then jumped on the metro which is across the street back to our hotel.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Had a Cobb salad on the patio, as France was playing Peru on the inside screens. The salad was just right. Pizzas looked good as well. Service a bit slow in coming, then excellent. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We went here on our recent visit to Washington and was staying in a hotel over the road. After looking the place up it appeared it had only recently opened but seemed to get good reviews and after looking at the menu was looking forward to brunch one morning. We had a lazy morning having looked at the opening times to attend and be told the brunch is only served on weekends-gutted!!!
Luckily for Magnolia, that evening was heavy rain so we decided we’d make a quick dash over to have our evening meal and I’m glad we did!!

I ordered the pan seared salmon which was incredibly tasty with the orange glaze, perfectly cooked along with the al-dente asparagus and the beautifully creamy orzo-absolutely perfect!!! I could’ve eaten it all over again it was so delicious but the portion size was more than adequate!

I only wish we were still in Washington at the weekend so I could’ve had the brunch as if the main was anything to go by, it would not have disappointed!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Pleasing ambience and helpful service .
Good food at mid range prices .
Tried the Lamb Bolognese Penne Pasta, Quinoa and Cranberry salad and curry shrimps all of which were well prepared and came in decent portions .

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

Magnolia took over the old Circa Dupont Circle location several weeks ago, and serves a lot of the same Italian fare. It is just one block off Dupont Circle, and is convenient for a quick lunch or dinner. There is both indoor and outdoor seating, and a full bar. Service is good, the prices reasonable, and the location unbeatable. I had a quiet dinner here by myself, on the patio, and thoroughly enjoyed it.