All reviews union station free shuttle shuttle service complimentary breakfast was good newer hotel great hotel breakfast staff circulator bus uber ride valet parking desk staff enjoyed my stay indoor pool the hotel offers easy access recommend this hotel a great stay
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Front desk clerk Rasheeda was for professional and courteous. She took great care of my needs and answered all of my questions. I had called prior to coming to the hotel and asked about can i come now to check in. It was 10:00 in the morning and she told me she will have a key and room ready at my arrival. When i hot there she also registered me for the HHilton rewards. I wish it was more clerks like her. Thank you Rasheeda.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

I had meetings on k street and wanted a place near that location. This newer Hampton Inn popped up. If you know anything about DC, New York Ave NE has been a pretty bad area. Over the years, it has improved a lot but still has a way to go.

The hotel specifically is very safe and has what appears to be on the premises valet parking. There is a little driveway courtyard in between the Hampton inn and the Homewood Suites. The hotel is newer so the facilities are very good. The staff was nice and the breakfast was standard free Hampton Inn breakfast.

If you expect to be able to walk around safely at night to restaurants and attractions, you should look elsewhere. They do have a shuttle to the NoMa union station metro stop. I recommend taking an Uber or can to the tourist areas.

There is also the union market nearby but there are some sketchy blocks in between, including the shady motel 6. Lots of construction in the area as the area is improved. Easy access to 395 south to get out of the city.

Bottom line-clean safe hotel with nice amenities at a good rate. Sketchy area off property but all in all, a very good stay for me as a single female business traveler.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2018

We got an awesome deal through Travelzoo. We really enjoyed our stay here for the weekend of 6/15-6/17. The Hotel was very nice and welcoming. Loved the complimentary breakfast and 24 hours coffee station.
The room we were in had a King sized bed, super comfy!! The view was ok, nothing to brag about, but if you looked to the right you could see the Capitol from the room.
Housekeeping did not replenish some items I used but the room was clean. Another thing that is that they only have 1 shuttle van for 2 hotels. They shuttle you from the Hotel to Union Station. It only fits about 8 people at a time, which is annoying when you’ve been waiting for a while for it and can’t get on.
Also the pool is nice but the amount of chlorine in it is overwhelming for a pool that’s not being used very often. I still feel the chlorine a day after being in the pool.
Overall, it’s quiet & friendly hotel!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

We booked this hotel through a Travelzoo deal and we could not have been more happy with our decision! After spending weeks looking at hotels in DC over $300/night, it was refreshing to find a clean, modern and affordable hotel in the area. As most said, it is not a hotel you can walk a few steps and be downtown in, but the shuttle service to union station was timely and convenient. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was as expected- eggs, pastries, DIY waffles, etc. Perfect for a quick bite before heading out for the day. Would definitely recommend to anyone visiting the DC area!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2018

This is a great hotel in Washington DC. It was very easy to find. Friendly staff. Wonderful breakfast. NoMa - stands for North of Massachusetts Avenue. It's a neighborhood very close to Union Station. The shuttle service provided by hotel to Union Station is very convenient.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family