All reviews gin tasting front desk small coffee shop street corridor scott circle whole foods white house studio suite boutique hotel city view cool hotel hilton brand the room service menu great boutique dupont circle beautiful lobby bars and restaurants
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean hotel with good amenities and friendly stAff.

The hotel is in a good central location, but wouldn’t stay again:

1/ They charge £13 per day for WiFi. All the monuments, restaurants and busses across the city have free WiFi, and a good reputable hotel want to charge over £50 for WiFi during our stay- extortionate.

2/ although in a good location, the location wasn’t what we needed. It’s in a residential area with minimal eateries around- would stay more inwards around capital hill next time,

As I said, hotel was lovely and clean, with good facilities but wouldn’t stay again based on the extortionate WiFi charges, we work on the go and after paying a lot to stay there, that just isn’t a charge we would be willing to pay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank welshhhh
Cory M, Director of Rooms at The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

welshhhh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. With over 50 restaurants within a 3 block radius of the hotel including several of DC's most celebrated eateries and three Michelin star restaurants, I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to find something to your liking. Our staff is more than willing to work with you to find the ideal dinner or lunch spot to meet your preferences. We also offer complimentary internet to all Hilton Honors members, a program that is free to sign up for and can be done at the time of check-in in just a few seconds. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon and show you the true potential of The Darcy.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

As a Hilton diamond member I get to stay at a lot of hotels. This was my 12th stay in 2018 and my 6th Curio stay. This is at the bottom of my list for return visits. Why? Upon arrival, the valet greeted me and told me he would take care of my car and meet me inside. What he actually did was follow me inside to make sure I was checking in. He literally stood behind me the entire time. Well, he got a front row experience that I’m still very disappointed to review. I reserved a king bed room, nothing special or expected. I, of course, asked for an upgrade. Instead, they downgraded me! I got a low floor double queen room with the worlds smallest bathroom. The room was bad, but I was already informed “they were sold out and it’s all they could do.” After my visit I reviewed my bill and saw a room service charge billed to my room for $108!! Luckily, they denoted the persons name in it, yet still billed me. I’ve been in contact twice with the hotel, received a new bill yet, no credit has been issued.
My recommendation is if you have to stay in this part of DC, stay at the Holiday Inn next door.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank jak0m0
Tobias A, General Manager at The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear jak0m0,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your loyalty to Hilton. I'm very disappoint to hear about the shortcomings you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please rest ensured that I will share your important feedback with our team and that I will address the challenges you experienced. Your stay was clearly underwhelming and I hope you will give me the opportunity to follow up with you directly to ensure you received the room service credit and to see what I can do to make it up to you. I can best be reached at: tobias.arff@thedarcyhotel.com.

Respectfully,
Tobias

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Looking for a reasonably priced hotel for March for Our Lives weekend, I found The Darcy. What a nice hotel. The suite was large and well appointed, comfortable, clean, and modern. Staff was super friendly and accommodating. The restaurant Siren is a must visit for seafood or other well prepared fare. I give this hotel 5 stars.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Cory M, Director of Rooms at The Darcy Washington DC, Curio Collection By Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Robert C,

We're so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to The Darcy. Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Wonderful hotel in great location with a great staff!! Can’t wait to go back. We had a few problems with our room that were fixed by the attentive staff. Manager was most helpful. I have already recommended The Darcy to several friends who are headed to DC this summer.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite. Loved the extra room.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

davidQ5869MX,

Thank you for sharing with us and with some of your friends. We are glad that you stay was enjoyable. Hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2018

The Check-in process was horrendously slow and the thermostat did not work in our room. I have stayed at other high end property’s and the service was so much better. Sorry The Darcy - I was completely underwhelmed with my stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ramarciniak

ramarciniak,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during check in. We hope to have you back again next time you are in DC.