“Prima”
Review of Commissary

Commissary
Reserve with OpenTable
Commissary is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 3 664 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: Between 14th & 15th
Transit: From Dupont Circle: Walk 5 blocks east on P St. Commissary in on P St. between 15h and 14th. From U Street/Cardozo: Walk 6 blocks south on 13th St. Take a right and walk one and a half blocks west on P St. Commissary is on P St. between 14th and 15th. From McPherson Sqaure: Walk 7 blocks north on 14th St. Take a left on P St.
Description: Commissary is Logan Circle's casual neighborhood café. We serve breakfast & brunch, lunch & dinner, snacks & smoothies as well as house-made desserts and shakes, along with an expansive daily happy hour. We have a large bar, cozy lounge area, outside café and free Wi-Fi. Our diverse menu is simple and affordable, with breakfast all day, sandwiches, salads and pizza for lunch or dinner, plus a great selection of dinner entrees and daily seasonal specials. Commissary is a perfect any day, any time place.
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

The food was really good! And the setting was also very Nice! The menu was pretty versatile. For both vegetarians and carnivors there were a lot of options.

1  Thank 258arnaud
Write a ReviewReviews (1 138)

36 - 40 of 1 138 reviews

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Natalie did well by us...

Next door, Mum, Dad & 2 “children” all on their ‘phones munched their way through mountains, shame they didn’t wait for any cutlery!

We went for the $54 3 courses for two people...it would’ve fed 4 at least! Don’t worry, you can take it home for lunch tomorrow!

By lunch we’d be on the Amtrack for Philadelphia! OK!

Beers not cheap in USA...we pay £3-3.50 here for a pint?

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Thanks to Trip Advisor, we discovered this quaint, low-key restaurant with a great vibe in Logan Circle. Just enough outdoor streerside seating to enjoy the summer night and what a cool inside! Comfy armchair furniture mixed in with a hip but non-snobby bar and regular dining seating too. It was casual enough for shorts and families, as well as trendy-feeling enough for adults seeking a neighborhood joint (especially over standard tourist dining spots). It felt a bit like the “Friends” coffee shop despite being much more than coffee.

The food was all very tasty too. No complaints! We had a bbq chicken flatbread, edamame, mixed green salad that was more interesting than most, mac n cheese with shells, rainbow root-style carrots, grilled asparagus and a brownie banana split sundae (which was earned walking to the restaurant directly up/down 14th Street from E to P street!).

Our server, Sam, along with the host/greeting staff (red-headed guy and new, blonde gal w glasses) were all very welcoming and friendly. We actually felt like regulars by the time we left! Sam even took a few minutes to chat about living in DC as a young, single transplant, as well as the area around the restaurant which included a Whole Foods right across the street.

I would certainly return to Commissary on future trips to town AND recommend it to friends and family. It’s a sure thing!

1  Thank familygalChicagoIL
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Great burgers, salads & breakfast!! Service was prompt and thorough. Family of five seated quickly and kindly

Reviewed 7 July 2018

Let me tell you the tale of our evening at Commissary DC. First, my boyfriend and I were able to get a reservation for 6pm on a Friday night, just an hour ahead of time! We were ecstatic that the restaurant had availability. We showed up and were immediately seated at a lively corner booth in the back, where we sat side by side. Our server @Natalie, showed up and was the most genuine human I have ever met.

We chose to do the Tasting Dinner for Two, which let me tell you, WAS A STEAL! Seriously, GET THIS SPECIAL. The special entails two appetizers, two entrees, one dessert, and a pitcher of beer/bottle of wine for $70 total. I am serious, we basically made money off of this dinner.

Onto the food! First things first, let's discuss wine. We opted for the New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc, priced at $44. WE GOT IT FOR $20. Seriously. This deal is awesome. I'm no wine connoisseur but it was fruity and light. Highly recommend.

For appetizers, we shared the falafel balls (or as my dear partner would call them, falla-fel balls) and sesame ginger chicken lettuce wraps. Falafel balls were homemade, as was the tzatziki sauce. Lettuce wraps were super fun, albeit a lil messy. Overall A score for the apps.

Entrees - Ed had the Seafood Linguini Special, and oh boy was it divine. The noodles were hot and buttery, and the seafood fresh and flavorful. I opted for the Maple Brined Fried Chicken with kimchi slaw, and folks, I have to say it was INSANE. Hot, fresh, and the proper amount of crispy, I couldn't get enough. The portion was huge, two giant breasts. We ended up taking most of it home, or well, we tried to. We left the restaurant in such a food coma we actually forgot the boxes on the table.... Oops. A+ entree course.

Last but certainly not least, dessert time! Ed and I chose the Birthday Cake Cheesecake. This was my favorite course of the night. It was basically a funfetti cheesecake on steroids, in a good way. A+ dessert course.

Overall Experience: Varsity-level meal. I cannot recommend this place enough. Ask for Natalie, she will take care of you! My highest praise to Natalie and the Commissary staff - definitely check this place out!!