“Loved the atmosphere as much as the staff”
Review of The Bird

The Bird
Reserve with OpenTable
The Bird is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3 725 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$10 - US$45
Description: We serve cuisine that's unique and global in a fun and creative space. Our unique and global cuisine utilizes every part of the bird. Dinner service begins daily at 5 PM Monday - Thursday, 4 PM on Friday. Brunch is served on the weekends beginning at 9 AM. Our extensive wine list features New and Old World wines and highlights many sustainable, biodynamic or organic options. Craft cocktails featuring locally curated spirits are also available in addition to three local draft beers.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Loved this place. Went during happy hour and had amazing drinks and food. The waitress, I believe their name was Keeli, made great suggestions and was more than helpful. Seated outside upstairs was lovely during the sunset and a light breeze. Price was a little high for my taste, but keeli made it more than worth it.

Would highly recommend to friends who are visiting dc and will make sure I visit again if I find myself in the area.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I booked a table here as it was at that point in the top 10 restaurants in DC. We came here before a concert at the Warner Theatre as we were looking for somewhere casual.

The lady who served us was lovely, really friendly and the service was fantastic. We sat inside (as we were very hot after our walk) but there is a nice outside bit to sit at if you'd prefer. I liked the decor as it was quirky and a nice casual atmosphere.

The food was a hit or a miss which is a shame. We shared some of the best wings we have ever had for a starter. For main I had the buttermilk chicken which was ok but it felt a bit too greasy for me. My husband had the beef and duck burger and said that the taste was nice but he wasn't a fan of the texture of it.

In the end we had arrived from Scotland days before so by this point our jet lag had hit us so i couldn't finish my main (in fact it looked like I hadn't eaten it). I did explain to the lovely waitress the reason why I could not eat my main course (due to the jet lag). If it hadn't been for this I would have been able to eat more.

She offered to box up the rest of the chicken but due to the concert we were not allowed to take it in so we did explain that but thanked her very much for offering this to us.

Would I go again, yes I would as there were other things on the menu that sounded lovely.

I would not describe this rating as average, I would say it was good.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Very good spot for happy hour drinks, the Valentina drink and mombo wings are was amazing! They were also very accommodating when my table grew from 6 to 10. I love the manager and server; got a free dessert on my birthday ❤️.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Our server, Keeli, was so welcoming and gave great recommendations for food and drinks. The cocktails were fabulous. 10/10 would recommend to friends seeking a cozy spot for dinner that sparkles in both the personalities of employees and the decor.

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We visited DC during the Cherry Blossom festival and decided to go to The Bird DC came for HH. We ordered their duck meatballs, the modulate duck and angus beef burger, butter mild fried chicken and waffles, nachos, chicken tacos and a couple of beers and a juice.

Most of the food was dry and over cooked/fried. At the end we wished we had not come here and instead went somewhere else.

Date of visit: April 2018