“Very busy but good service”
Review of Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 3 342 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 20th St. / Pennsylvania Ave. (Foggy Bottom)
Transit: There are two Metro stops within 3 blocks of the restaurant, Orange/Blue lines at Farragut West or Foggy Bottom/GWU. The red DC Circulator bus Georgetown/Union Station line stops on Pennsylvania Ave. at 21st street, as well as on K Street and on 19th, all just one block away.
Description: Founding Farmers, the Greenest Restaurant in DC, is owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU, serving American inspired real food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch. While our restaurant is supplied by hundreds of family farms everywhere, that doesn't mean we know every farm, and that doesn't mean we never have to buy product from the traditional (corporate) supply chain, but it does mean we're working hard to direct our purchasing dollars where it aligns with our values. We're serving the best food we can, made from scratch in our kitchens every day. Our innovative, American dishes are made primarily with pure ingredients honoring the farmers and their hard-earned bounty.
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

3 of us got a quick table which had to be vacated in one hour. The place was heaving with people and long queues at door. Service e was friendly and efficient. Craft beer good wine e too expensive. Mains were a massive and tasty chicken pie and grilled ribs very nice. We would have taken steaks but no sauces eg pepper or red wine were offered as available. Bill c$100 for one course each and drinks.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Hi Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. Delicious, fresh, quality food is exactly what we strive to provide you with and I'm glad we can say mission accomplished!

I am sorry about the wait time, and we really appreciate your patience. In the future, please feel free to make a reservation on our website. This just makes the check in process a tad easier.

We can't wait to have you back to sample more off of our menu :)

Warmly,
Julie

Write a ReviewReviews (5 927)

162 - 166 of 5 927 reviews

Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

I always come here for a quality, fresh lunch when in DC. They can be quite busy but if you are solo you can eat at the bar. I highly recommend it.

Hi there,

I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your trip to Founding Farmers! I’m so glad we were able to give you a memorable experience for Brunch. Attentive service and delicious food is exactly what we are going for, so mission accomplished.

We can’t wait to have you back soon for another yummy meal!

Warmly,

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Food review below. First, I want to mention the bartender and waitress (wish I had their names). Bartender was informative, professional, and nice (white male, dark hair, good looking, 30's?). Waitress was stoic, slow, and never cracked a smile until she handed us the bill (African American female, glasses, 30?, slim, name started w/ a "D" I think). Descriptions are for management purposes. Now to the food!
Chicken/Waffles were very good and the mac and cheese side was great.
Butternut Squash Ravioli, good not great.
Farmhouse Platter, the burgers were the best part.
Prosciutto Farm Bread - Amazing!
Blueberry/Peach Crisp - barely ok, but the ice cream on top was very good.
The pork chop - the guy next to me said it was the best meal he's ever had.

Hi There,

While we’re thrilled you loved the food, I’m very sorry to read about the lacking service. Please know that inattentive service is NOT a hallmark of our restaurant, although this clearly is not what you experienced.

Anything less than warm, personalized and prompt service will not be tolerated and I am eager to get to the bottom of what went wrong. I would love to hear more details about your recent trip, so that we can use your experience as a learning experience and also make it up to you! I can be reached at Julie@farmersrestaurantgroup.com and I am looking forward to hearing from you

I greatly appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. Your feedback is important to us, and helps keep us in check! We want to be constantly improving and know there is always room for growth.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Went for Sunday breakfast but couldn't wait for the long q, so we booked and went on the Monday instead
Fabulous bacon, lovely English muffin, perfect poached egg. My fried egg was a bit runny in the white. Wife's mixed non- menu breakfast cost more than mine for fewer items.

Hi there,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful breakfast with us, we are so proud of our breakfast menu!

We hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great American food in decent portions that they don't charge the earth for! just what we wanted after a long day of sight seeing, also the guest Lager was excellent too

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your feedback. We want you to count on us to deliver you fresh, flavorful food every time you eat with us and based on your review, it sounds like we have accomplished our goal.

We look forward to having you back again soon,

Cheers,