“Yummy breakfast ”
Review of Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers
Reserve with OpenTable
Founding Farmers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 3 300 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$15 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 20th St. / Pennsylvania Ave. (Foggy Bottom)
Transit: There are two Metro stops within 3 blocks of the restaurant, Orange/Blue lines at Farragut West or Foggy Bottom/GWU. The red DC Circulator bus Georgetown/Union Station line stops on Pennsylvania Ave. at 21st street, as well as on K Street and on 19th, all just one block away.
Description: Founding Farmers, the Greenest Restaurant in DC, is owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU, serving American inspired real food and drink with an emphasis and focus on cooking from scratch. While our restaurant is supplied by hundreds of family farms everywhere, that doesn't mean we know every farm, and that doesn't mean we never have to buy product from the traditional (corporate) supply chain, but it does mean we're working hard to direct our purchasing dollars where it aligns with our values. We're serving the best food we can, made from scratch in our kitchens every day. Our innovative, American dishes are made primarily with pure ingredients honoring the farmers and their hard-earned bounty.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I am traveling for work so I was looking for a good place to grab breakfast solo. The place was super busy with a wait but I was able to get seated right away at the bar.
The breakfast menu was great. I got the sausage, spinach and mushroom pan scrambler and it was delicious! For how busy it was the food came out very quick. I would recommend giving this place a try.

Julie S, Guest Relations Manager at Founding Farmers, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi there Vickie,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful breakfast with us, we are so proud of our breakfast menu!

We hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Reviews (5 796)

48 - 52 of 5 797 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friends and I drove down to DC from NYC this weekend to visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture. I was tasked with the gargantuan task of selecting a restaurant for us to have dinner. I took one look at Founding Farmers website and menu and knew this was the place. Founding Farmers did not disappoint. We were seated shortly after we arrived even though the place was beyond busy, our server was very attentive and personable, answered all our questions and even made suggestions that were spot on. Each of us ordered a different meal and we shared several appetizers. We can tell you the wings, cornbread and devilish eggs were all excellent. The short ribs, rib eye, planked salmon and BBQ platter followed suit and did not disappoint. Even the house made sodas were on point. I even plan to purchase their cookbook - yeah, it was THAT good.

Hi there,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience- I’m so happy to read how much you enjoyed your recent meal at Founding Farmers. Providing you with the total package- delicious food, excellent service and comfortable atmosphere- is exactly what we strive for. I’m delighted this matches your review!

We look forward to having you back soon and I appreciate you sharing your kind words. I will pass them to our staff for some well-deserved kudos!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My significant other and I now have another brunch favorite : Founding Farners . The FF breakfast is totally satisfying with the best scrambled eggs, ( what is their secret ?!!! ) crispy bacon or juicy chicken sausage and leek hash browns , freshly squeezed cramberry and pineapple juice and the best coffee around !!!!
Service is always impeccable and they refill your cup with the best coffee throughout your brunch !!!
Even though it is nighttime my mouth is watering just writing about it !
Guess where I'll have my breakfast tomorrow ?

Sylvia Lopes
( N. Bethesda, Md )

Hi there,

I am thrilled to read how much you enjoyed your trip to Founding Farmers! I’m so glad we were able to give you a memorable experience for Brunch. Attentive service and delicious food is exactly what we are going for, so mission accomplished.

We can’t wait to have you back soon for another yummy meal!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a place not to miss. The food is wonderful and reasonably priced. Alway fresh ingredients. The pasta is great and the chicken is awesome. The Jefferson donuts are incredible. Save room for dessert.

Hi there Michael,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went to see a show, ate beforehand, besides seeing a chef that's competed on a show we've seen the experience wasn't good. We had to switch tables because of the sun, then the staff was uninterested in us. The little screens under glass were caked with dust, very unappetizing to be sitting next to and so hokey.
Yuck. And the food was just ok. Nothing special no one said yum!

Hi There Gina,

While we’re thrilled you loved the food, I’m very sorry to read about the lacking service. Please know that inattentive service is NOT and unpleasant enviroment are not hallmarks of our restaurant, although this clearly is not what you experienced.

Anything less than warm, personalized and prompt service will not be tolerated and I am eager to get to the bottom of what went wrong. I would love to hear more details about your recent trip, so that we can use your experience as a learning experience and also make it up to you! I can be reached at Julie@farmersrestaurantgroup.com and I am looking forward to hearing from you

I greatly appreciate you bringing these issues to my attention. Your feedback is important to us, and helps keep us in check! We want to be constantly improving and know there is always room for growth.