7 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (1 649)
1 650 results
1 457
1 457
All reviews micro hotel rooftop bar lincoln memorial pizza shop bunk room rooms are small cool vibe foggy bottom kennedy center awesome hotel national mall whole foods hotel bar min walk love this hotel boutique hotel dc area
Selected filters
18 - 23 of 1 650 reviews
Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

This hotel was absolutely amazing. One of the best We’ve seen in all our travels. Clean, modern, friendly. We highly recommend this hotel. We checked in with Kiera who was so sweet. We chatted with her a bit about the area. We also spoke with Ben during our stay who was extremely professional and friendly. We lucked out booking this hotel. It’s close to all the sights and overall perfect. Definitely will return if we are back. Highly recommend

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bryna McEntee, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Hive, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Hi Stanley P,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Hive! We are delighted Kiera and Ben were able to assist you during your stay and that you enjoyed the rooms. Hope you get a chance to come back to DC, we certainly look forward to having you again!

Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay at hive hotel immensely; the staff or so friendly and so eager to help you it was great. I loved the vibe of the hotel it totally fit that city feel and the proximity of the hotel to everything around DC was just great. Any restaurant that my boyfriend and I looked up was literally less than 10 minutes away from hive; also if you’re into museums and monuments it is super close to all of those things as well. The rooms were clean; we stayed in a loft king room so it was definitely a lot bigger than any of the rooms throughout the hotel. I’ve heard buzz rooms are pretty noisy so keep that in mind when booking. It is a micro hotel so that is an adjustment for somebody who’s used to staying at normal hotels. There are no microwaves or refrigerators, I believe a cooler can be requested but it’s not something that comes with the hotel room.As I stated before the rooms were very clean, my only gripe would be with the bathroom door in our room which didn’t shut normally. We kind of had to give her a little nudge to close all the way and then a little nudge to get it open. another slight issue that I had was the rod that was used to close the curtains, one of them was not attached to the curtains. I’m sure these are things that were just unique to our room, overall the hotel has stellar reviews which is one of the reasons why I booked with them and I definitely would recommend staying here especially if you’re looking to go to DC on a budget.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi AudreyjB7251NL,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Hive! We are so happy you and your boyfriend enjoyed the neighborhood. We appreciate the feedback on the bathroom door and shower curtain. We are getting those fixed to make the space more efficient, thank you so much for letting us know. We do have micro coolers upon request at no charge! So if you need one for your next stay please let us know and we will have it place in the room for you. So glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 21 July 2021

Wonderful hotel during our stay, enjoyed the bar/pizza rest. there's also a nice rooftop bar. This is a very good location near the museums. Nice design and colors. Kiera worked at the front desk and was always attentive and approachable. I plan to stay here next time I'm back in DC.

Room tip: not your typical DC hotel

Hi Franklynlc,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Hive! We are so happy you got to enjoy the 4th of July with us in DC. We look forward to having you back again soon for more &pizza and drinks.

Reviewed 16 July 2021

Our family of 4 stayed at the Hive Hotel for a few nights when visiting D.C. and generally really liked it. It's a cool, little hotel, and in general we liked the design (and the drinks on the roof top bar!). If you are visiting George Washington University it's in a great location, and the location is generally good for visiting other areas of DC - a short Uber ride away at most.

On the down-side this is truly a microtel. The rooms are absolutely tiny. In our room, the queen bed was pushed up against the wall, so that one person had to crawl out at the foot, to get out of bed. There are no closets in the room, so if you need to hang things up it's not ideal. Also, to our surprise, the bed was rock hard. They gave us an extra comforter to put on top of the mattress, but that didn't help much. But for the hard beds, I would have given this hotel a 5.

Hi BeatakC4437PO,

Thank you for leaving a review for Hotel Hive. Glad you got to enjoy the wonders of DC and visit GWU! We are a micro hotel, as you mentioned, so yes the rooms are minimal and unique! We appreciate your feedback on the mattress and storage space. Let us know when you come back to DC and we can certainly find a room more to your style as none of our rooms are the exact same. We hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2021 via mobile

Hotel Hive was highly recommended to me by a friend. I can see why! Spotless, friendly staff, AWESOME rooftop and location, location, location!! Shout out to Bryna for the excellent advice she gave my college seeking daughter. Hive has a partnership with a garage close by. Parking rates were so reasonable- actually I have never stayed in a city hotel with such convenient parking. Can’t wait to come back!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Bryna McEntee, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Hive, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2021

Hi Seaside773269,

YOU make US so happy with your kind words! We are thrilled you had such a great stay with us here at Hotel Hive. Hope the college tours went well and we get to see a lot more of you soon!