Lowest prices for your stay
US$206
Reviews (1 648)
1 648 results
1 455
1 455
All reviews micro hotel rooftop bar lincoln memorial pizza shop bunk room rooms are small cool vibe foggy bottom kennedy center awesome hotel national mall whole foods hotel bar min walk love this hotel boutique hotel dc area
Selected filters
27 - 32 of 1 648 reviews
Reviewed 5 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed at The Hive for Fourth of July and it was lovely! There was a rooftop bar, yummy cocktails, pizza nearby, and a cozy room. The hotel staff were kind and accommodating. Overall, it was, as the kids say, bussin bussin.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bryna McEntee, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Hive, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Hi AK080716,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Hive with us! I'm glad to hear that you had a lovely stay with us on July 4th and enjoyed our rooftop bar and on-site &pizza shop. Additionally, I'm happy that our staff were kind and accommodating during your stay. We can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

This is absolutely the worst hotel that I have stayed in across the entire globe. I have no problem at all with the concept of a microhotel, but this hotel has some serious flaws. First, there is a camp of homeless men that live between the hotel garage and the hotel. It is very difficult for to avoid walking past them. Not only is it concerning while walking around, but they were located right beneath our hotel windows. My teenage son had to witness these men urinating into bottles on a daily basis. Also, the beds are horribly uncomfortable - the worst I’ve experienced in a hotel.

Next, this hotel has one guest elevator that is large enough for two small people alone or one person with a bag. Because we were doing some traveling across the East Coast, we each had two larger bags. We got up to our room fine, but when we went to leave, we were unable to get the elevator as there was always someone in it. This is likely due to the fact that the stairs in the hotel are hazardously steep; so, no one wants to use them. So, we had to exit the hotel going down three flights of steep stairs with two large bags plus backpacks - a total nightmare.

We travel a lot and it’s completely beyond me why this hotel is well-rated. I used to live in the DC area and in my opinion, this is one of the worst options in the city. Even my son, who is very easy going, commented about how horrible it was. Very disappointing.

Room tip: You can do better in the DC area.
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ClaireDJL
Bryna McEntee, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Hive, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2021

Dear ClaireDJL,

Thank you for taking the time to share a review on your stay with us. I'm very sorry to hear that you and your son's experience did not meet expectations and appreciate your honesty about your stay.

As DC's first micro-hotel, we understand that we don't always offer a traditional travel experience. We are proud of the restoration we've done in our historic, 120-year-old building. However, we fully realize that in some ways, such as in the size of our elevator and original staircase, it has limited us.

As a small, independent hotel, the guest experience is our top priority and I want to personally apologize for the fact that you were disappointed in your overall stay. I’d appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you and see if there is anything else we can do to create a lasting impression. I can personally be reached at bryna@hotelhive.com.

Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 3 July 2021

I loved the experience of staying in this hotel. It is beautiful, has an excellent location, the service was great. Everyone was very helpful and with great tips and information about the city. We were at 11 min walking distance of Gerogetown Waterfront, 15 min walking distance from Lincoln Memorial, great restaurants of al prices nearby, etc. I would definitelly go back to this hotel again!

Hi Gise521,

Thank you for sharing a review on your stay! I'm so happy that you had an excellent experience and appreciated aspects such as our great location, helpful staff, and unique aesthetic. We can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed 30 June 2021 via mobile

We had a remarkable stay here. Helpful staff- Teresa, Bryna, and David answered questions about DC and were very helpful with suggestions. Accommodations comfortable, clean. Covid precautions followed.

Hi Marie J,

Thank you so much for your review on your stay with us! I'm glad that you had a remarkable stay and were helped by Teresa, Bryna, and David, and that you felt comfortable and safe with us. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 June 2021

My husband and I stayed for three nights and it was great. Rooms are very clean. If you are just looking for somewhere affordable to comfortably rest this is perfect. Not a ton of space because it's a micro, but we were out and about so much it didn't matter. Plenty room under bed to store suitcases, and has a spot to hang things. Stayed on the 5th floor in 521 and it was super quiet
could just barely hear the bar upstairs. The staff was exceptional. Ben, David, and Kiera were the names I caught but every single employee made us feel welcome, they were very helpful with suggestions and making sure we had everything we needed. Bar closed a little early for us (bars stay open very late where were from) but maybe that's covid? Only a few blocks from Foggy Bottom metro, and 10 min walk to Lincoln memorial, Whole Foods and CVS not far either. Very centrally located. 10/10 would stay again.

1  Thank Valerie S
Bryna McEntee, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Hive, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Hi Valerie S,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hotel Hive! I'm glad that you and your husband had a great stay and enjoyed our discounted prices, clean and comfortable rooms, and great location. Additionally, I'm thrilled to hear that our staff went above and beyond to make you feel at home, especially Ben, David, and Kiera. We look forward to your next visit!