Review Highlights
RAFT ONE

My buddy and I rafted w Carter down the river today. He was the man!! It was only his first season... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2018
blakemorris1811
Flowood, Mississippi
via mobile
Country drive

This gem is waiting on people to come and experience an adventure. Plenty of rafting company's to... read more

Reviewed 7 August 2018

from US$79,00
from US$175,00
from US$34,00
More Info
All reviews white water rafting an adventure middle section great trip class rapids rafting trip rafters rafts ocoee company guide gear paddle nature blast instructions video
Reviewed 27 June 2018

What a great experience my son and I had with the Rolling Thunder Rafting Company as they took us down the middle section of the Ocoee River. From the moment we pulled into their compound, complete with covered picnic tables, grills, disc golf basket and basketball hoop, I knew we made the right decision. Friendly staff greeted us as we prepared to sign in, get our gear and climb on the bus. 20 minutes later we were at the river, getting fitted into our gear and given our stroke lessons. Mariah, our guide and captain of our raft was instructive & confident. She also proved to be knowledgeable about rafting, the river and the history of the area. She guided us down the river with a firm grasp of the intricacies of the Ocoee River and it Class 3/4 rapids, all the while, informing of us about the rapids and local lore.

A fantastic time was had by all in our raft as we dipped and bounced along the rapids.
Before we knew it, the trip was over. It is a quick time on the river, just under two hours. We boarded the bus for a trip back to the Rolling Thunder Headquarters. Hot showers awaited us. Later, we cruised the shop for quality t-shirts and professional photo packages.

My son and I had great father/son time. It is an experience we will both remember with large smiles on our faces!

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 29 May 2018

Beautiful, clean, fast and fun! We loved being here and can't wait to bring our family and friends soon!

Date of experience: May 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2017

First off we are a large group of about 30+ people and this was a wellness event from our company. The minute we get there, some guy starts yelling at our HR lady about why everyone isn't here yet and why she doesn't know who everyone is. Mind you this was open to family and friends and she didn't plan the event. He was unnecessarily aggressive and that put us off to say the least.
Then comes the rafting trip itself. We got Austin as our guide. If you don't read past this please read this DON'T EVER RIDE WITH AUSTIN. EVER. I'm sure he got fired after our trip, but regardless request to ride with someone else if you get stuck with this guy.
We got stuck on every single rapid. His commands were confusing. People fell out of our raft about 7 times and at one point only 3 of us had any paddles.One of us almost died when he got recirculated and 3 rafts went over him pushing him down even further. At this point the guide is yelling at us placing the blame on us, Brandon, anybody but himself.
We eventually he got switched with another person who was much calmer and more experience than Austin. By that point we were down to 5 people because the guy who got recirculated asked to be bused back to the bottom.
Then at a later point when we were allowed to swim on the river. Three of us were in the water and they forgot about us. Almost letting us swim down the rapids had we not been instructed by other people to get on the right side.
Overall I had a great experience. I also fell out of the raft, but it didn't faze me one bit. It wasn't until one of our guys almost died and I saw Austin yelling at us that I got a sour taste in my mouth about our guide.

Date of experience: August 2017
3  Thank patrickm9454
Reviewed 18 June 2017

We drove along this river on our way from Asheville, N.C. to Chattanooga, Tennessee for quite some distance and pulled over several times just to view how scenic this river was. There was an incredible amount of white water rafting going on and you would pass many buses piled high with rafts and see lots of rafters both in the river and getting ready to go out. One of the prettiest rivers I have seen in quite a while. Am going to be posting some video on YouTube showing how beautiful it really is. Definitely worth seeing in my view and I feel blessed to have been able to see as much of it as I did. Forgot to take any still pictures so I could post on this review. Will make up for it I hope with my YouTube posts. If you like white water rafting, everyone seemed to be having a great time. I primarily associate that activity with Colorado but this place in Tennessee looked just as good if not better than anything I've seen in Colorado. If you like that activity or just nature and water features, this is an excellent place to visit.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Went rafting with my church on this river,amazing!! I had the time of my life,it was exciting and left me with tons of stories to tell my friends/family back home. I do not recommend this for people who dislike water,you will get soaked,if not fall out of the raft.

Date of experience: July 2016