Review Highlights
Fun places to visit.

This area is beautiful. Visit involves a bit of driving, but traffic is very manageable. We stayed... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
lynfalk
columbus
Multi Bluegrass trips

To travel the roads of Kentucky, we have visited all the sites plus those not listed, such as... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
Tom M
Danville, Virginia

Recommended experiences in and around Kentucky
from US$159,00
from US$38,00
from US$162,41
More Info
All reviews town branch turkey heaven hill makers mark woodford reserve jim beam four roses maker's mark buffalo trace bourbon trail gift shop beautiful state shot glass great trip talbott tavern rolling hills tasting room
Reviewed 26 June 2018

A few of the distelleries are not on the trail but worthy of a visit. Check out all of the distelleraies in the area regardless of if they are on the trail or not.

Date of experience: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great tour with friends. Most all the tours have a fee, but there is always a tasting at the end. The amount and distance to other facilities will keep you above the legal limit. Bardstown is a gem of a little town. It's a great place to stay on the trail. Buffalo Trace is not on the trail, but it is a great tour.

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank scottj325
Reviewed 31 May 2018 via mobile

Last year, I made my plans to do the Trail after a stop in Cincinnati. It appealed to me for the history and geography of the region, and that they have a passport and stamps, and for the T-shirt which was to be awarded at the end.

I enjoyed some distilleries more than others, because the interpreters and stories were better, but really, one is the same as the next. The process is exactly the same.

I spent from $5 to $15 for each of the tours. Some let us keep the tasting glass, some bourbons tasted better...it all runs together. I did buy some bourbon at Bulleit and at Woodford.

I collected the ten stamps, and then went to the Lexington Visitor Center for my T-shirt after collecting the Town Branch stamp. No T-shirt. You now have to BUY it for another $15. They did award me a shot glass. The decision to change the prize isn't well thought-out. That's advertising! Wherever that shirt is worn, they have a travelling billboard.

I'm going to have a shirt made that says "I did the whole Kentucky Bourbon Trail, and all I got was this lousy glass."

I'm

Date of experience: May 2018
9  Thank id23336
Reviewed 19 April 2018

We've been to Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey and Woodford Reserve. Couldn't get into the latter due to full bookings. Standby at Wild Turkey. Recommend you get reservations. You can also just do tastings for between $10 and $12 a person with expert commentary, but the interest is in the tours.

Be prepared to walk or climb. Ask about requirements. This is an interesting way to spend a few days. Off to Jim Beam and Maker's Mark tomorrow>

Date of experience: April 2018
4  Thank Gloria G
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

For many years, we wanted to go to the Kentucky bourbon trail. Finally, we did on a stormy spring weekend to celebrate a birthday. We started with Maker’s Mark distillery which is located on a beautiful country side very far from the highway. It is on an remote location. They were closing @3:30 pm unlike the others, that is why we started with them. Loved the tasting and their truffles. Be sure to buy the Maker’s 46 truffles! Then, we toured the Wild Turkey and Woodford reserve. On one day, you can visit four distilleries if you like to do the tours with bourbon tasting. Make sure to start early and have lunch at the Old Talbott Tavern.

Date of experience: April 2018