Review Highlights
Fun places to visit.

This area is beautiful. Visit involves a bit of driving, but traffic is very manageable. We stayed... read more

Reviewed 12 November 2018
lynfalk
columbus
Multi Bluegrass trips

To travel the roads of Kentucky, we have visited all the sites plus those not listed, such as... read more

Reviewed 29 October 2018
Tom M
Danville, Virginia

Recommended experiences in and around Kentucky
from US$159,00
from US$38,00
from US$162,41
More Info
All reviews town branch turkey heaven hill makers mark woodford reserve jim beam four roses maker's mark buffalo trace bourbon trail gift shop beautiful state shot glass great trip talbott tavern tasting room sour mash
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

For many years, we wanted to go to the Kentucky bourbon trail. Finally, we did on a stormy spring weekend to celebrate a birthday. We started with Maker’s Mark distillery which is located on a beautiful country side very far from the highway. It is on an remote location. They were closing @3:30 pm unlike the others, that is why we started with them. Loved the tasting and their truffles. Be sure to buy the Maker’s 46 truffles! Then, we toured the Wild Turkey and Woodford reserve. On one day, you can visit four distilleries if you like to do the tours with bourbon tasting. Make sure to start early and have lunch at the Old Talbott Tavern.

Date of experience: April 2018
8  Thank TrWorldTraveler
Reviewed 8 April 2018

First advice I'd give, is to give yourself plenty of time to do the whole tour. Some distilleries have time slots so call to make sure and plan on the travel time between them. You can either start in Louisville or Lexington.
When my wife and I did the KBT a few years ago we took 3 days to visit the 8 that were part of the tour. With two more added......... Plan accordingly. Plus a few that aren't part of the KBT but worth visiting. Buffalo Trace is one I'd recommend highly.
There are other neat places to see and visit.
Samples, gift shops, food and lots of memories.

Date of experience: May 2017
6  Thank Glenn D
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We accidentally came across this while staying in Louisville a couple of years ago. We decided this was the year to do it. The trip was very informative for me and it was good driving across Kentucky. Some was better than others but nothing was bad!

Date of experience: March 2018
1  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

There are ten distillery tours. If you get the passport stamped, you used to get a free t-shirt. Not anymore. Now you get a stupid glass. If you want a t shirt you have to buy it. TBH it's not worth all the trouble. The best ones are makers mark, bulleit. I hate wild turkey. If I had known I wasn't going to get the t shirt I would not have wasted my time and money going to all of them

They are soon going to add 14 distilleries to the trail. So there will be an even less of incentive to do all the tours

Date of experience: March 2018
4  Thank tyro2000
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

If you are coming to Kentucky you just have to go on part of the bourbon trial. It’s well worth any place you’d go. Each has its own taste and smell. Each is its own piece of history. Go to as many as you can!

Date of experience: January 2018