US$31
1 075
3 001
3 278
1 075
All reviewssnack barpizzafishitalian restaurantbeer gardencigar loungewater shoeschickena la carte restaurantshot dogsfriespaddle boatsaqua bartwo weekssand fleasnew sectionpicky eater
162 - 167 of 8 063 reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great food ,very large rooms ,easy walking ,good bech lots of chairs at pool and beach.no bugs.drinks are hit and miss. Stayed next to pool which was always quiet at night. Age group at resort 30plus. Kids pool .i had a great message by tony which was well done. I always give my treats to the ladies cleaning the floors ,they hardly get anything at all,she cried when I gave her a purse.

Room Tip: Pool area close to things
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Olga P
YanetDR, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,
It is rewarding to read your comments about our hotel. We are so happy because we always work to satisfy our clients and to leave them good memories of their time here. Your home away from home is waiting for you already.
Best Regards

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and my best friend just got back from Holguin. We stayed at Playa Costa Verde. This is our second time here and totally enjoyed it. The accommodations, staff, facilities were excellent. I would go back in a heartbeat.
A little mall right across the road with everything you would need. The excursion were fantastic that we booked.
I can’t say enough about how great this place is.
Highly recommend this resort.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jane A

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde

Hope to see you at Playa Costa Verde once again.

Best regards,
Playa Costa Verde

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We stayed at PCV from March 9-23. My husband and I had been there before but brother in law was here for first time. We went for R and R and that is what we did. We spent all day every day at beach reading, swimming, snorkeling, fishing and enjoying pedal boats. We thoroughly enjoyed every day. BIL loved it so much, he would like to return for a month next year if he could.

The staff at PCV are so friendly and hard working. I feel so safe and comfortable here. I have also been to Mexico and DR and other parts of Cuba. PCV is my favorite by far.

The rooms are clean and spacious. I prefer second story room.

The beach is amazing and ( along with staff) is main reason we keep returning here.

Special mention to all the hardworking staff on beach including Bartenders, chair guys, water sports guys and Carlos the cook. They all work hard and help make your time at beach comfortable and enjoyable. Was great to spend day at beach and have beach burger for lunch ( and of corse cocktail or cervasa from Junior or Maybelle).

We relaxed in lobby most evenings and played cards. Often entertainment in lobby which we mostly enjoyed but occasionally was too loud. We did not watch any of the shows so cannot comment. Also were in bed long before disco opened so cannot comment.

We thoroughly enjoyed all the a la cartes. We did not have trouble getting a decent meal at buffet. We ate lunch a few times at snack bar or Cuban restaurant and liked both (especially calamari at snack bar). Snack bar was a bit slow and disorganized at times.

In summary, there is a very comfortable relaxed attitude at PCV comparable to attitude of East coast Canadians. If you are looking for a posh, ritzy vacation, this is probably not the spot for you. If you are looking for a friendly, safe relaxing vacation (the summer campground feeling), you will probably love PCV.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank Joan L

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,

Hope to see you at Playa Costa Verde once again.

Best Regards

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This was my 3rd visit to this hotel probably my last went with family normally travel alone. Bad start 3 hours delayed check in at hotel quite speedy although even after pre-informing hotel that I was a returning customer no recognition at desk. Rooms adjacent as requested but inside of complex outer ones much bette. 1st morning wasted by having to get band changed as a returnee entertainment around pool very repetitive and quite childish ok very normal NO information about evening entertainment anywhere so unable to plan restaurant visits although we did with a very unhelpful lady maybe having a bad day.Japanese excellent Italian ok Cuban poor lobster totally overcooked and dry no prawn cocktail left.Visits to bar spoilt by having purchases of bottles of rum pushed at you. Majority of staff exellent as always especially the guy selling trips informative not pushy.Overall holiday excellent spoilt by little annoying things

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Terry M

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde,
Thank you for your comment. We want to express our apologies for any inconveniences you might have had during your stay with us. Regarding if we know if you are returning guest, we always recommend to our clients when they make the reservation with a travel agent, they must add the information to the reservation and in this way we know and verify that they are repeat clients.
We have already analyzed your remarks with our department heads.
Please give us another opportunity to provide to you a better service.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We have traveled numerous times to Cuba. First time to Holguin and last! I was so disappointed with this hotel and most of its staff that I was shocked that I was really in Cuba. Never have me or my family had a bad trip there until now. Most of the hotel staff were not pleasant or friendly, we had numerous problems with our rooms. We paid to upgrade and we should've been refunded! My son is 6'6" and they have him a cot to sleep on when we were supposed to get a double bed. Had issues with hot water, fridge was never replenished without continously asking. We don't normally care about trivial details but when it is consistent and staff that didn't seem to give a crap even after we paid 300 to upgrade then it starts to get on your nerves. I will not recommend this place ever and I have told many people of our terrible trip this time around. We love Cuba and we will go back but never to this hotel or Holguin again. The management of this hotel needs to have a big meeting with staff and let them know that tourists coming there deserve respect and a smile. It goes a long way
Signed, Disappointed

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank Bonni-Lyn B
YanetDR, Sales Executive at Hotel Playa Costa Verde, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Greetings from Playa Costa Verde:

Thank you very much for taking your time to give us your opinion regarding our resort. We are really sorry for your experience in our hotel in this visit. On behalf of Playa Costa Verde Hotel staff and management team, I want to express our apologies. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard.
We will be very glad if you give to us the pleasure to host you back in Playa Costa Verde and we hope that you give us the opportunity to show you that we improve our services with the suggestions that our clients give to us.
Best regards,