“Delicious food, welcoming service”
Review of The Food Factory

The Food Factory
Ranked #7 of 302 Restaurants in Tavira
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The food was lovely, and the service super-friendly and accommodating. Really cute place and the service feels very personal because of that..

Reviewed 20 June 2018

First visit the boss took our order and was very helpful and gracious. Cooked me a bespoke vegan pasta dish and my Mum Salmon in pasta both beautiful dishes cooked with love and skill.
Second visit Mum and I arrived at 18.10 the doors were open and 2 of the staff sat outside. Young woman who had served us (after our initial order was placed) the day before looked up and said we are not open come back at 18.30. She did not acknowledge we had been in the night before but much more importantly did not offer us a seat and or drink to wait until they started serving. Mu Mum is 76 and walks using a walking stick. We left saddened by this attitude and did not return. They have signs about love and respect on the walls of the restaurant. Love and respect are wonderful gifts we can offer others,but they need practical application not just written sentiment. My suggestion is live these ideas do not leave them as words on a wall.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Not a restaurant you would stumble on but well worth a visit. It is a short walk from the main square.
What a beautiful meal we had everything prepared and cooked to a very high standard. All 3 members of staff were very attentive. We had 3 courses all delicious my wife had the best peach and Parma ham salad imaginable for her starter.
A great find.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

Assured by Carey Palermo, Assistant General Manager, that there was a separate station to prepare gluten free food and the restaurant had just passed their health inspection. Had a sever reaction after eating the mac & cheese I ordered from the gluten free menu. I didn't make it out of the restaurant before experiencing a severe reaction. I will never return to this restaurant.

1  Thank Jim L
SofiaFreitas01, Proprietário at The Food Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Hello,my name is sofia, and im the owner and chef of the food factory, we dont have any carol working here and we can do some glúten free meals but we dont have a glúten free menu.
Pleas make sure what is the restaurante that you went because, for sure, its not the food factory.
Thank you.
Sofia Freitas

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

We all had lovely fruity salads for starters and then burger, chicken and 2 different pastas. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food and the service was great. We felt that we were really looked after by all the staff. We would recommend a visit