All reviews leading hotels of the world glass ceiling old town main bar deluxe room fluent in english complimentary water perfect location sauna and steam room non smoking lovely room wonderful stay lovely hotel quiet street airport transfer rooms are large star hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Brilliant hotel that lives up to its stars. I like the rooms, service, breakfast, cleanliness, facilities, large bathroom basin and location. If I could change anything and I'm not picking. There was the sound if running water outside my room and usb sockets would be useful. I love this hotel and it is my top pick for Riga Old Town. Location is perfect for a wide range if dining options but it's on a quiet street so noise is not a problem.
Don't forget to take time to chat with Micha when you're there!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
GrandPalaceRiga, Front Office Manager at Grand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear HelenJ,

I am grateful that you have taken the time to express your thoughts following your recent visit at the Grand Palace Hotel.

I am very pleased to hear that your stay was a memorable and delightful experience. Delivering a remarkable service to our Guests is our first concern, and we are more than happy to know that it was admirably and efficiently accomplished by the entire Grand Palace Hotel Team and associates. I am delighted that you have enjoyed the aesthetics and conditions of your room, and the professional care that ensured your comfort, as well as varied selection of food served at the hotel restaurants.
Thank you for the gratitude you have expressed towards the exquisite quality of service, it is a tremendous pleasure to hear that the satisfaction of your stay exceeded your expectations.

We hope to welcome you again very soon at the Grand Palace Hotel for another splendid experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Outstanding at every conceivable level. Attentive without being over powering. First class facility and amenities. The only quality hotels that I know of with free Wi-Fi (and a strong signal throughout the Hotel). Since they do not penny and nickel the guests for every amenity like some quality hotels, I assume they use a business model that says,

Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
GrandPalaceRiga, Front Office Manager at Grand Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

Dear garymP2283TJ,

On behalf of Grand Palace Hotel's team, I would like to thank you for your trust and loyalty and sharing your feedback with the other TripAdvisor users.

I am pleased to read you vivid memories about your stay with us. Modern equipped and furnished, our rooms offer the best opportunity of comfortable stay. Your hotel is offering both business and families stays, delivering personalized service for each and every Guest to make them feel like home. Thank you for appreciating our effort we are putting in, to enhance the Guest's satisfaction.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of having you as our Guest again in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed 19 June 2018

We enjoyed our stay at the Grand Palace in Riga and would stay there again if we were to return. The hotel is perfectly located in the old town and very close to dozens of restaurants, bars, the river, various historical sites, etc. The Neiburgs may be the only hotel that has a better location.
With a few adjustments, the hotel would be perfect. The room was nice and everything worked well, but the windows do not have room darkening shades so we were woken up every day around 4:00. We were also disappointed in the breakfast. For a hotel of this caliber, the breakfast should have a much better selection or offer a menu to order additional items. We were told we could order eggs but there was no menu on the table and we were not told what was available. During our check out we saw people eating eggs benedict, pancakes and so forth but that was never offered to us. Other than those two issues, we thought everything else was great.
The staff all speak English fluently and could not have been any nicer or more professional. Special thanks to Olga and Edgar who were both amazing. Highly recommended hotel in a beautiful city.

Dear tws1086,

We appreciate the time you took to share this positive feedback regarding your stay in Grand Palace Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the most convenient hotel location and attractive surroundings, within walking distance to the main restaurants and major city attractions.

It is a pleasure to read your compliments regarding the room equipment and the modern interiors designed by British designer Andrew Martin, which capture the essence of elegance and sophistication.

On the contrary, I am deeply sorry for your breakfast experience during your stay .Please accepts my sincere apologies for this and rest assured that this is not equal to the high standard we are following. I have shared your concerns with the Chef and Food&Beverage Team. They have taken immediate actions to improve the process and avoid such issues from reoccurring. Please rest assured that your opinion is most valuable for us and allows us to improve our services, in order to reach our main aim, which is the Guest's satisfaction.

We always strive our best to make sure that each and every Guest has an unforgettable experience while staying with us, and this is the best reward to read your recommendation to others. Be assured that your compliments have been shared with the rest of teh Team, particularly Olga and Edgars for the provided memorable experience with us.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about your lovely hotel experience, we all desire to get this chance and welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed there with friends 11-15 June - all staff from housekeeping, restaurant/bar and front desk were so friendly and helpfull that I really have no words. Highly skilled staff with their heads and hearts in the right place

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear ambadane,

On behalf of Grand Palace Hotels' team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable review regarding your recent experience at our hotel.

Your kind comments will most certainly be shared with the team as I am sure it will serve as an added inspiration for our team to consistently maintain the standards which you have experienced during your recent stay with us.

We sincerely appreciate the time you took to review our Hotel. Thank you for the fantastic comments!

Thank you again for choosing our hotel and letting us know that we managed to satisfy you and provide comfortable moments in our hotel and unforgettable experience.
We hope to see you again soon for another exceptional journey at Grand Palace Hotel.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

My wife and I had an opportunity to stay at the Grand Palace Hotel Riga and celebrate our 32nd anniversary. I wrote to the hotel a week prior to our arrival and requested flowers for my wife and asked that the chef prepare a special dinner for us and to select a nice bottle of wine to compliment dinner. I will talk about the dinner in a moment by to just focus on it would not do justice to the whole Grand Palace experience.

Since the Grand Palace if located in the center of old town Riga, there really is no need to rent a car. All the museums and historic sites are easily walked to in 10 to 15 minutes from the front door. From the moment your car (the Hotel can arrange a driver to pick you up at the airport at a charge that is only slightly more than a taxi) or taxi stop at the front of the hotel, the staff define a level of service, without being overbearing, that is seldom seen today. From the time of check-in in their comfortable lobby, you are known by name and treated as if you have stayed there a hundred times. The entire staff are genuinely friendly by disposition and not for the hope of a good tip. All the staff is multi lingual and all the staff who interact with guests speak English.

Every room I have stayed in at the Grand palace has been perfect in every detail. They are a mixture of modern convenience and old world charm. The dozen red roses in the room made my wife's heart melt! The rooms are all air conditioned (not all fine hotels in Europe are), and there is a good, free Wi-Fi signal everywhere in the hotel. Our room had a king size bed that was one of the best I have ever slept on. Included in the room price is a free breakfast. Breakfast includes about anything you could want from cold items traditionally served in Europe to American style pancakes and eggs. You can select from the buffet items or they will be happy to cook something for you. For instance, the pancakes are cooked to order and not setting in a buffet pan.

Lunches or snacks can be taken in the bar area (more like a living room), from mid morning to late evening. There is a bar snack menu or if you wish, you can order off the dinner menu.

Now for the dinner! Chef Robert Slaidins is an artist! He prepared a five course meal that included salad, Maine lobster, steak, and Strawberries Jubilee for desert. We had a glass of champagne before the meal and Chef Slaidins paired our meal with a wonderful Chablis. We will not forget that evening for a very long time.

How do I rate the Gran Palace Hotel Riga? 6 stars if there was such a rating! The quality and level of attention and service is of the highest quality and is a testament to the General Manager, Mr. Bernhard Loew.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street can be loud if you choose to open the windows

Dear ruckholz2,

Firstly, let me congratulate you and your wife on your special occasion and we are truly happy that you have choose Grand Palace Hotel to celebrate your anniversary with us.

You are absolutely right, being located between the Old Town city and Art Nouveau district, our Guests have the opportunity to explore the city within walking distance.

Modern equipped and furnished, our rooms offer the best opportunity of comfortable stay. We desire to provide our Guests with stays in a luxury environment with a touch of local culture. Thank you for highlighting the hotel facilities such as our WiFi and our unique bedding concept. We at Grand Palace Hotel strongly believe a good rest is a good start to begin the day.
Is nice to know that the Breakfast served for you was very tasty. You can enjoy it both in our restaurant and your room. As well as, the right breakfast is a set up for the rest of the day.

A warm welcome is certainly what we strive for at Grand Palace Hotel and it was a pleasure to read of your exceptional service experience provided with the service from the heart by Our Team members. We are always very helpful and attentive being all the time at our Guests disposal. Please be advised that I took a pride in sharing such compliment like yours with the rest of team.
Thank you for the compliments to our Chef, it just brought a smile to his face to know he could make your celebration more special.

Our entire team, including myself is looking forward of welcoming you back very soon and serve you another exceptional experience.