“Vegan friendly restaurant”

Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Eastern European
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Everyone is welcome in Von Krahli Aed: vegans and omnivores, paleo enthusiasts and wine lovers, monks and sybarites. We prefer local. We prefer organic. We prefer well-balanced food. We prefer the Nordic crispness and the taste of the food’s ingredient itself. We prefer organic wines. We don’t have any others. All of our dishes can be ordered with or without meat. Our belief is that the pleasure from fresh and pure food is one of the greatest that nature can offer us. We strive to mediate this joy to you with our best skills (according to our best skills?). Welcome to the Embassy of Pure Food!
Reviewed 8 May 2018

The great thing about the menu in this place is that there are about 5 or so main dishes, (I can't remember exactly), and each of them can be made into a vegan or fish/meat dish. So my wife, (who is vegan), and I had the same base meal and then I had the cod option and she had a tasty vegan alternative. The service was personal and efficient and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The bread was incredible too!

I would advise booking in advance if you can as it was pretty much fully booked when we were there. (Some walk in diners were lucky though, so it's always worth a try!)

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2 459)

115 - 119 of 2 459 reviews

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

The rye/wheat/molasses/sunflower seed bread was delightful. I had the wild boat stew on mashed potatoes and it was very tasty, the soup of the day was cauliflower, corn, garlic, coconut milk and was very good as well. Highly recommended

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I have been visiting Tallinn regularly for the last 4-5 years and a visit to Von Krahli Aed is a must on every trip! That's how good it is! The food has always been delicious, creative, and well-presented. The service has also been friendly and timely. And all this at a very good price (compared to other places serving similar quality food). I look forward to my next visit!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

Soup of the day was very good, although we had to wait ages for it. Main course took forever, and was a huge disappointment for both of us. Tasteless. Better restaurants on the same street, skip this one.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Quite possibly the best restaurant we visited on our recent visit to Tallinn. My fiancé is vegan, I am not. The great thing about this menu is that the plant/vegan element is priority but you can add meat, should you wish. The mixed starter was amazing, as was our mains. We didn't have room for dessert. We were lucky and got an on the spot table but it's advisable to book, as there were at least 5 other parties that came in after us, who couldn't be catered for and were disappointed. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: March 2018