“DEADLY MEAL. After a cup of soup I had to call an ambulance.”
Review of Syrtaki

Syrtaki
Ranked #563 of 1 084 Restaurants in Tallinn
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 1 March 2017

My wife and I visited this place 25 February 2017. We ordered two traditional fisherman soup, garlic bread, strudel and two of mulled wine. In my soup portion was a fish bone, I accidentally choked her. I coughed, but the owner of the cafe did not pay attention to it. I was getting worse and we had to quickly leave that place. After that I had to turn into an ambulance, so they helped me to get the bone from my throat. In the ambulance I billed for the services in 317 euros. Now I consult with a lawyer to file a lawsuit against this terrible cafe. BE CAREFUL! NEVER COME IN THIS PLACE, IT CAN KILL YOU!

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

We found this small tavern, as we were sauntering around and found ourselves needing a drink, we enjoyed a nice afternoon snack, in pleasant surroundings.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

By accident we happened on this restaurant for lunch and realised we had been here on our last visit 8 years ago. Great service and food. Sadly they lost power while we were there but they did their very best in making the best of a tough situation. Would definitely recommend this restaurant in Tallin.

Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

Stopped for a drink and this is a lovely place to warm up on a snowy day. Staff were lovely and a warm log fire. We didn't try and food but the coffee and Vana Tallinn was good!

Reviewed 22 December 2015

I am sorry to say we went there hoping for a glimmer of true Greek cooking. We were seriously disappointed. We ordered the saganaki. It was fried mozzarella with focaccia. We ordered beef souvlaki, it did not taste like beef. We ordered pork skewers with baked potato. They brought potato wedges and the driest pork I have had in years. And when we asked if this was the baked potato, she said yes. And everything is a la carte. The pictures beside the food show the dishes come with potatoes but when we paid, the sides were an extra charge.
We hear the owner is in Greece, he never visits, and he has owned this restaurant for 15 years.
I would be embarrassed to own this place and to call it Greek. It was sad and quite a let down.

2  Thank Michael Wade L