“Average exterior”

and up
Tallinn Sightseeing Tour by Coach and Foot
Ranked #31 of 257 things to do in Tallinn
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on top of Cathedral Hill, this historic church has served as a burial place for noble families since the 13th century.
Reviewed 11 November 2017

This church is located close to the Russian Orthodox Cathedral in the Upper Town area. We were very interested in seeing the interior but when we opened the door the sign stated that tourists should not enter. We did not see any events in the church so was surprised that we could not see the interior. Good luck to future tourists!

All reviews
in 33 reviews
"shields"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 6 November 2017

This is a important landmark in Tallinn. While it is not a particularly ornate church it is still beautiful. The most impressive feature is the alter. It is an unusual work of art. Built with scaffolding, which I think is temporary though not positive! Sill a magnificent picture of Christ on the cross surrounded by statues is awe inspiring. The organ in the loft is also an impressive feature and the vaulted ceiling adds to grandeur. It is worth the two euro. An additional three euro is required to climb the tower.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I visited the Dome Church when visiting Tallinn as a tourist, because my guide book recommended it as a must-see. I thought it was fine, and I'm glad I visited it, but it was quite busy, and we were kept roped off so you could only look in. I much preferred the Niguiliste Church in Tallinn - I would definitely recommend that church over this because there's more to look round and it felt more welcoming to tourists and offering more of an experience.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

A diversity of gorgeous beautiful churches all over Tallinn, and this is one of them, a lot of history and information from our guide, and photos...