All reviews freedom square beer cellar great location old town restaurant downstairs three star nice hotel minute walk coffee machine rooms are clean family room hotel is located porridge an upgrade single room reception staff superior room
Reviewed 15 June 2017

St Barbara is a very good budget hotel with a nice location near old town. Everything was good about the hotel. Building was very nice , also the rooms and breakfast.Only negative thing is you have to bring your own shampoo, soap vs
I strongly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: If you want quite room , contact with hotel before you go
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank PinarTibetErdal
Reviewed 9 June 2017

A really nice hotel with very helpful staff. My sister and I stayed in a family room on the ground floor which was excellent. There is a very nice bar/restaurant and the food we had was lovely. Breakfast was in this bar and there was plenty to eat. Only fault was there was no yogurt which I particularly love. Can fully recommend this hotel and it is very close to all amenities.

Stayed: May 2017
3  Thank Susan L
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is on the edge of the old town allowing easy access to most sights.
We were upgraded to a slightly bigger room on the ground floor. The room was very quiet and although a little dated was very functional. Appreciated the blackout curtains to hide the nearly all night light.
Front reception was very helpful answering many questions and arranging things as well as holding our luggage in the afternoon.
The breakfast was a good offering with hot drinks cold European style.
The wifi was intermittent in our room but better in reception. Unfortunately it is not secured.
There is a beautiful beer cellar with a good atmosphere. Unfortunately the night we went the 2 young staff had no idea. They did not know how to serve cognac nor calvados (on their menu). They mixed up drink and food orders. They were good young people but clearly untrained.
Overall would recommend the hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aladdin1
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is ideally located just outside the old town within walking distance of all the sights. My double room on the top floor was spacious and quiet. The decor is a bit dated but this did not worry me. The front desk was extremely helpful and offered to pack me a breakfast without my even asking when I had to leave early to catch a flight. The restaurant in the basement serves excellent German fare and beer. I had a beautifully done Dorado fish and the tasty local pea soup for dinner one night, all at what I thought a very reasonable price. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sydsolo
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had made reservations to stay here one night prior to our tour start date. Location was ideal, right next to old town. We rode bus #2 from the airport cost two euros each. Then hopped on another bus the locals refer to as a trolley for a very short ride ( probably could have skipped the trolley bus and walked. Sorry I don't know what # the trolley was , a very nice stewardess from our airline ( Baltic Air) rode with us and told us when to get off.
Hotel, has comfortable beds, extra wide halls - was a hospital in the early 1900's.
Large free breakfast in the morning.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple