“Take the Hot starters section!”

The Seafood Bar Tallinn
Ranked #174 of 1 131 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Description: Endeavour for greatness. The Seafood bar is first of its kind in Tallinn. With great passion and care, every day we "cast a line" for the freshest products on the market and prepare them to the highest culinary standard. Our aim is to offer a wonderful and delicious experience in a casual and cozy setting". We welcome you to The Seafood Bar Tallinn
Reviewed 2 April 2018

About 10 years ago I wouldn’t believe my own words: “I prefer meat to fish “. Why? Because in Tallinn still it is necessary to think well where fish is prepared perfectly! Such places I can count on fingers and one of them still remains The Seafood Bar Tallinn. The happy occurrence brought me here again half a year later after last visit. Well, it’s a nice opportunity to check whether restaurant became better

Interior. Clean lines and style – all here. The closed glass back porch and a mini-scene for musicians were added. Sofas in both halls still seem the most convenient to sit. From an unclear drawback – the cold, which was also in August, and now, in February. One lady sat at a table in a fur coat – I understand her very well. There was no hot water and heating in the bathroom – now I know how cooled fish feels like.

Service is much warmer than air. Waitress was pleasant, had nice sense of humour, but without undue familiarity. On demand she gave me both the card menu and the tablet one. The tablet obviously lacks detailed description of the dishes.

Food. Complement from the house – salmon and tuna sashimi, scallop carpaccio for two. Excellent spicy sauces and wakame salad. After this trio I unexpectedly liked tuna and exactly raw tuna. Probably, tuna tataki wasn’t so good in other restaurants I tried before? Rhetorical question.

Chill winter evening demanded a feast for the soul. Feast fat, heavy and maybe even unbearable: so half menu of hot appetizers appeared on my table. One of the positions was Tempura prawns with mozzarella. From the last visit I was recalled that dish, however now I began to doubt whether vegetable wrapper from eggplants was so necessary. It was wet, not crispy and didn’t affect taste much.

Fish & chips – waitress warned that will be heavy. I loved it! Moderately salty potatoes, unknown fried white fish was eaten at once. It’s worth taking with a beer.

Deep fried squid & octopus – oh, the little ones, I liked them less than the previous starter. Deep frying brought squids into more-felt eatable look. They have no bright taste obviously, so help from hot sauce with chili and a lemon grass was more than welcomed. I can’t advise to order it – it’s boring.

Main course – we take go-to staple halibut in new execution – Halibut fillet in creamy chanterelle sauce. Now it’s with mushroom sauce, potatoes in their skin and kale cabbage. A halibut was excellent, scattered from single sigh, pleasantly creamy and rich. Pity I had to eat all garnish separately, because sauce, for example, was too salty.

Even a wise man stumbles. I was “inspecting” my halibut and forgot to try the husband’s dish – Pike perch fillet with carrot crème. Excusez-moi. I can only tell from his words that fish was good. Carrot puree was with bright additive of garlic.

Among desserts from deep freezing appeared a handwork – Vanilla Crème Brule, hurrah! With lots of berries, with a strong sugar crust and absolutely ideal smooth surface of the cream. Strongly suggest!

From drinks were ordered: non-alcoholic beer Weihenstephaner, local Lager 5% especially made for Seafood, fruit tea.

Sum. Average bill for person is still 50 EUR. The prices are not bar, but fancy restaurant level. Personnel manners, ambient, whole presentation are restaurant-like, but the place insists on calling it “bar”. It seems, everything is simple, yet it’s not. Food is simple, clear and tasty, though with some misunderstanding this time. Nothing to cry over, so I just have to find the most favourite dishes on the list – this work can take weeks and weeks.

Interior – 5/5
Service- 5/5
Food – 4/5
Overall impression – 5/5

Reviewed 28 March 2018

We couldn't decide on dinner walking through Old Town and everyone thought fish would be ok especially in a Port Town, so we tried this restaurant and were happy with the meals. Fresh seafood, Good Service, Quiet dinner and a nice Old Town ambiance.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

We never found any fish restaurant in Tallinn, now we know where to go! They have wide range of fish, fresh fish, mussels, crabs! We ordered tuna tartare, salmon sashimi, crab juliene, prawns with blue cheese, mix of mussels and lobster pasta for two! Everything was delicious, although we waited a bit, however it was busy friday and restaurant was full. Very friendly service, offered us a tab to see the pictures of the dishes. By the way good wine card, prices are very moderate bearing in mind they are right in the heart of old town!
Definitely reccomend this place for fish lovers!

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Must be. Everything is so simple and super tasty. Very professional personal, special about wine choices

Reviewed 24 January 2018

Early evening dinner. I tried various dishes and each was well-prepared and presented. The house white washed it all down very nicely.
Informative and friendly staff. A good experience.