“Excellent food, outstanding service”

Vaike Rataskaevu 16
Ranked #2 of 1 008 Restaurants in Tallinn
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Based on other reviews, this restaurant was at the top of our must-eat list in Tallinn and it did not disappoint. We actually dined there twice. Our first meal consisted of three appetizers, soup, one entree, and a dessert (all shared). All were impeccably plated. The dishes boasted fresh, local products cooked to perfection. The second night we went back for a much lighter meal -- two appetizers, soup, and a dessert (also shared). Again, marvelous dishes. As much as one can rave about the food, though, the same can be said for the service. Both nights we experienced top-notch service -- by far the best I've had in Europe. The servers were knowledgeable about the dishes and ingredients, they were friendly, complimentary, professional, and happy to chat. It made the entire experience just that -- a true dining experience.
Reservations really are needed at dinner time. We had one on the first day. The second day we did not. We promised to be gone by the time our table was reserved so they squeezed us in, but never once did we feel rushed. As is the case throughout Tallinn, the bill was surprisingly affordable. A meal of this caliber would cost twice as much elsewhere.
All in all, a memorable meal and an establishment I recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This is the sister restaurant to the more well known Rataskaevu 16 restaurant, which had no reservations available for me (a party of 1) my last 2 days in Tallinn. The vibe I got in Väike versus the main restaurant was so much better and less pretentious, I’m actually glad they didn’t have room for me at Rataskaevu 16. I had a lovely meal and excellent friendly service. If you’re coming to Tallinn, skip Rataskaevu 16 and check out their sister restaurant instead!

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

We visited this place a few days after trying the sister restaurant around the corner. Same amazing food, wine and service. Homemade Bread is addictive and decor etc brilliant. Can't recommend enough.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

I had a wonderful lunch here and it was phenomenal. I had the pumpkin soup which was exceptional and the bread was very good. I ordered the elk for my main course and was very happy I did. The wait staff was so nice and informative. The server added to this wonderful experience. I highly recommend this restaurant. If you can’t get dinner reservations, try the lunch.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

The atmosphere was warm and welcoming, the service was superb and the food was delicious! We had a perfect dinner! Thank you!