“Visit family”
Review of Penzion Horse Inn

Penzion Horse Inn
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Kosice
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Hotel in a very quiet area, but close to the city center. A lot of restaurants, pubs, cofeeshops for breakfast if you want to try brekfast outside the hotel, in walking distance from the hotel. No fridge at the rooms.

Room Tip: Room facing north is best in summertime
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

The horse inn staff was very accommodating to our group when we requested glasses and ice. However, only one of our 2 rooms had AC and it was a hot summer day.
The room furnishings were adequate for the price, but the room could be a little cleaner (hair on bathroom floor, ick). And why a pedestal sink with no counter space when you could park a mini Cooper in that size bathroom?
Good neighborhood brings the rating up.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I have only good things to mention about this hotel.
I was looking for a budget hotel for business stay at my own expense. At an average rate of around ~€55, this hotel fulfilled that.
The room size was good and the bathroom was surprisingly huge. Decor was basic but enough.
Breakfast menu was okay and sufficient.
Staff was extraordinarily helpful. I had made a non-flexible booking and due to some unavoidable circumstances, my arrival in Kosice was delayed by a day. But they didn't charge me for that night and also retained my reservation.
I strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2016

After looking on TripAdvisor I booked on overnight stay here for my family and I. We arrived late, 1.45am, and check-in was thankfully very quick. The lady told us breakfast is served until 10.30am.

However there is no lift and we were allocated a room on the 2nd floor. Our 21kg suitcase wasn't easy to haul up the stairs and I apologise to any other guests who heard the efforts and cursing of a tired man that night!

I drew the short straw and slept on the fold out sofa-bed. It was most uncomfortable and I was told the beds were particularly comfortable either. Both the bedroom and bathroom were large and basic.

We awoke in time to vacate the room by the (unnecessarily?) early check-out time of 10am. (The case was easier to carry down!) On arrival at reception we were told breakfast had finished at 9.30am. I explained what the receptionist who checked us in told me and she said that, as the breakfast room hadn't yet been cleared, we could eat. However the choice was poor and there were few hot items left.

The hotel is very central and only a 5 or 10 minute walk to the bus and railway stations. A shorter walk will take you the main boulevard in Kosice.

In our view there are much better hotels in Kosice and we have stayed in several that we felt were worth paying a little bit extra for. I doubt we'll return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2016 via mobile

Best hotel and accomodation in Košice, near the historical center of city. Kind receptionists and very nice rooms and bathrooms. We are very satisfied with everething, include breakfast. I recommend this hotel!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends