“Not all rooms are four-star”

Eco friendly Hotel Dalia
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kosice
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We only stayed for one night as a transit stop, and for such an aim the hotel is more than suitable. The location to the city center is excellent with only 5 minutes of walking to the main street, and the parking felt safe as it was behind a closed gate. The room and the bathroom however was dated with a peculiar 80’s tendency in choice of curtain, colour of the wall, decoration etc, and somewhat sloppy in cleaning (we found dirty towels from the last guest). The room did not have air condition and only one small window, so it became quite hot during the night and together with a very hard bed it disturbed the sleep quality. It must be noted that the rooms are divided into different levels of comfort, so this review is based on experience of the standard rooms. The breakfast was passable but with several empty baskets of bread and few cold cuts, but still had some surprising features such as fruit salad which has been lacking in many other hotels.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Long story short: for the price we paid (two people, same day reservation via the web) Hotel Dalia is fine.

The a/c worked so the room was cool. The WiFi was mediocre. The overall quality of the room - which was plenty big enough - was ok although ours had some signs of water damage and part of the bedroom had very low ceilings so it made moving around a little annoying. The bathroom was nice. The room had a mini-fridge. Breakfast was standard continental European. Check-out time of 10 am is quite early in my experience.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017

The hotel has both three-star and four-star rooms, and it is advertised on booking.com as two different hotels. Common areas are of course four-star level, very stylish. I stayed at a three-star room. It was simple but nice. Food and service was also really good. Location is favourable, approx. 10 minutes walk from the Main Square and 15 minutes from the train station. I was welcomed with a drink and chocolate on the nightstand, and these little gestures always please me :)

What I didn't like was that one evening the restaurant was closed despite it was advertised as it was open every day. Also, some of the indicated cards were not accepted during booking (but they were when it was about paying). Furthermore, the hotel declared itself as an adults only hotel on booking.com which wasn't true as I saw kids. I am not against kids but against not telling the truth.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 June 2017

I was staying for only one night, but my flight arrived at 5 am and I had to make an early check in. I was pleasantly surprised when the young lady at the reception informed me that they noted my early arrival in advance and offered me a room immediately, which allowed me to have at least a short rest before the start of busy business day. Later in the day there appeared an issue that I had to pay more for the early check in, although I was not informed about this hotel policy neither at the time of booking, nor at the arrival. The issue was resolved by hotel manager quickly and efficiently, with apologies and nice personal touch with the customer. The rooms are comfortable and clean and well taken care of, everything works well. Bar/restaurant/breakfast staff were very attentive and reacted promptly to any requests. The buffet breakfast was plentiful with sufficient variety. Overall very positive impression with good value for money.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Жан Р
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We booked this hotel well in advance as we were a big family group coming from Australia to attend a wedding, which was to hold the wedding reception in the hotel also. We were to stay for 5 nights to start with and then 3 more days later. On arrival we were allocated really awful rooms. Two of us were couples but were given single beds. The rooms were hot and without air conditioning (though you could open the windows in a couple of them). The ceilings were sloping and I couldn't get near my bed without being very careful of my head (my brother in law banged his badly in the bathroom). On querying the rooms at reception they advised they would change them the following night as they were full. We did get given new rooms the next night and they were a vast improvement - large and clean. The rooms were not all the same however, and although my husband and I were the parents of the groom, we got the worst room. My daughter and her little son were given a huge suite (like a honeymoon suite) - for the same price that we paid - while we had a room where the air-conditioning didn't work, there was no mirror apart from the small one in the bathroom (the others had full length mirrors and we were dressing for a wedding!) And although the hotel often hosts weddings, there was no iron to be had in the whole hotel!! All the men had dress shirts that needed to be ironed for the wedding. In the end our son, who is living in Slovakia, had to bring one on his wedding day (by getting a lift from his father in law). Other promises made were not kept (such as the booking for our return later in the week after a few days away). Needless to say, we didn't stay there on our return. Most of the staff were lovely, one at reception was always really rude and didn't want to know out any issues. On the last day we were there our keycards all stopped working. On the day after the wedding (which went to 4am) we all put out our "do not disturb" signs and had a sleep in. The following day we went on a day trip away. On our return, our rooms had not been cleaned even though we had taken down the "do not disturb" signs. My daughter after 4 days there decided her towels needed washing and had left them as instructed on the bathroom floor. As the room had not been made up she had to use the same towels that night! We really enjoyed the cafe and it's setting and had some nice meals there, but it was very disappointing that it's not open on weekends and on the day of the wedding (when getting ready) and the day after when everyone is tired, it would have been nice to eat there rather than have to walk all the way into town. I have to admit that on request the hotel did go to a lot of trouble to prepare a small lunch for us on the day of the wedding and we really enjoyed and appreciated that. The staff working in the cafe were also really lovely. It's a shame that this hotel is not better managed as it has the potential to be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the separate building - called Dependance (I think) were awful.