“Poorly managed”

Eco friendly Hotel Dalia
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Kosice
Reviewed 2 June 2017

We booked this hotel well in advance as we were a big family group coming from Australia to attend a wedding, which was to hold the wedding reception in the hotel also. We were to stay for 5 nights to start with and then 3 more days later. On arrival we were allocated really awful rooms. Two of us were couples but were given single beds. The rooms were hot and without air conditioning (though you could open the windows in a couple of them). The ceilings were sloping and I couldn't get near my bed without being very careful of my head (my brother in law banged his badly in the bathroom). On querying the rooms at reception they advised they would change them the following night as they were full. We did get given new rooms the next night and they were a vast improvement - large and clean. The rooms were not all the same however, and although my husband and I were the parents of the groom, we got the worst room. My daughter and her little son were given a huge suite (like a honeymoon suite) - for the same price that we paid - while we had a room where the air-conditioning didn't work, there was no mirror apart from the small one in the bathroom (the others had full length mirrors and we were dressing for a wedding!) And although the hotel often hosts weddings, there was no iron to be had in the whole hotel!! All the men had dress shirts that needed to be ironed for the wedding. In the end our son, who is living in Slovakia, had to bring one on his wedding day (by getting a lift from his father in law). Other promises made were not kept (such as the booking for our return later in the week after a few days away). Needless to say, we didn't stay there on our return. Most of the staff were lovely, one at reception was always really rude and didn't want to know out any issues. On the last day we were there our keycards all stopped working. On the day after the wedding (which went to 4am) we all put out our "do not disturb" signs and had a sleep in. The following day we went on a day trip away. On our return, our rooms had not been cleaned even though we had taken down the "do not disturb" signs. My daughter after 4 days there decided her towels needed washing and had left them as instructed on the bathroom floor. As the room had not been made up she had to use the same towels that night! We really enjoyed the cafe and it's setting and had some nice meals there, but it was very disappointing that it's not open on weekends and on the day of the wedding (when getting ready) and the day after when everyone is tired, it would have been nice to eat there rather than have to walk all the way into town. I have to admit that on request the hotel did go to a lot of trouble to prepare a small lunch for us on the day of the wedding and we really enjoyed and appreciated that. The staff working in the cafe were also really lovely. It's a shame that this hotel is not better managed as it has the potential to be a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the separate building - called Dependance (I think) were awful.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 May 2017

I had a great room, I think one of the deluxe rooms which I was very happy with. It was much better than some of my friends standard rooms but it did cost a little more. I was very happy with the bedding, towels and cleanliness of the hotel. My room was very quiet and i had no disturbances.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank jmxkylie
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

Nice clean rooms, friendly staff, wifi, tv and nice bathrooms. Breakfast is standard for this kind of hotels, nothing special, but tasty and fresh. Bar tender outside of season has to run between restaurant and lobby bar, so this makes you wait a little longer. But it is close to the centre, so you can choose another option as well. For business travel a great choice, also small conference room available.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

The location is great (near the city center), staff is rly nice and polite. Breakfast was great.

We had one time dinner there (in the caffe part as there was wedding reception upstairs, and the staff hasnt had any problem with it), which was tasty, but most surprising was homemade cake which was delicious.

Room was clean and spacy (no rugs, yay).
I love the concept of eco friendly hotel (and the great looking solution for recyclin bins - i am strange *shrugs*)

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Nice hotel, located 15 minutes (on foot) from the main square, also close to the city park and railways station. The personel is nice and helpfull, the rooms are very clean, a little bit small for staying longer as 2-3 days. The free breakfast is really good and diverse. The atmosphere is nice, quiet and pleasant. Parking place on the street or in the yard, but it was a little bit strange to pay 8 euro/ day to park the car inside the hotel=s yard... But I strongly recommend!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple