“Well worth a visit”
Review of Akademia Italia

Akademia Italia
Ranked #148 of 3 686 Restaurants in Budapest
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: In the restaurant of Akademia Italia the Italian cuisine is simple, but exclusively made of carefully controlled, high-quality, protected designation of origin ingredients. Our pastas and desserts are also freshly made on site, in a traditional, hand-made way, and we personally know the wine-growers we are selling the carefully, professionally selected products of.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Great place for a meal. Not pretentious but friendly. Wait help are willing to make recommendations as is the GM who knows his wines well.

1  Thank rabush20002018

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

We decided to stop and have an early dinner here while walking the square.
Staff were very friendly, understood english and the menu was extensive.
I had a mini pizza and some delicious bread. My husband had more traditional pasta and a fresh salad.
My only regret was no room for one of their beautiful deserts.

3  Thank grpandnana
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a culinary experience.
The service is great, amazing varieties, incredible food.
The restaurant inside is very modern with a mediterranean touch. The terrace looking to the cathedral of St stefan and then downstairs a wine place with a herbarium.
A place to visit

2  Thank Jose E
Reviewed 19 June 2018

I visited Akademia Italia with my fiancée as part of our holiday. Her idea to write this :D So the restaurant is really stylish the staff is friendly and the food is just great. We tried some fine wines. My fiancée had spaghetti carbonara, and I followed our waitresses advise and tried the spaghetti with seafood. For that I must thank Zsofi, her advise was on the spot :) One day I hope to revisit Budapest and this excellent restaurant and the nice people who work there.

1  Thank Adam P
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this Italian on our first night in Budapest. Good food and wine excellent value, close to our hotel on pest side of the Danube close to St Stephens Basilica

1  Thank Meg995