“Exceptional food, service should improve”
Review of Baraka

Baraka
Ranked #33 of 3 610 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$59 - US$176
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Baraka is a fine dining restaurant creating gourmet Euro-Asian dishes located in the beautiful Palazzo Dorottya very close to Vörösmarty Square. Our cocktail bar serves Asian accented cocktails in an informal atmosphere.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I took my business partner to a dinner to Baraka. Food was exceptional, wine was fantastic, but the way all this was served, well, was not high class. Waiter was a bit arrogant, he spoke in a way was hardly understandable: fast, tired, bored... and he treated us as we would have no any clue about fine dining. I think this is highly unacceptable for such a restaurant.
But I highlight again: food was fantastic.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

What a way to spend our last night in Budapest...with one of the best meals of our lives. What a winner. The staff were so welcoming to us, we got so many wonderful little treats, the flavours were perfect and the ambience was delightful. I would love to return for the tasting menu but couldn't convince my dining partner - however the deconstructed nicoise salad was a winner, as was the Easter egg... An incredible evening was had.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Our first posh restaurant visit in Budapest and pleasantly surprised.
Amazing and sincere service from arrival to departure.
Normally restaurants like this make you feel like they are doing you a favour for serving you, but we did not feel that here and everyone was extremely grateful for our patronage.

Food was good, what you would expect for the price.

We even got a Pàlinka tasting and (sniffing) from the cool Sommelier.

A must visit if in Budapest and thankfully had a nanny suggested by (instagram) #kids_love_budapest

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I was in Budapest for a 2 weeks and did some research on dining. Baraka was one of the top choices. So I gave it a shot.
When I arrived I was properly greeted and led to my table. They promptly took my drinks and food order.
Menu has a lot to choose from for all kinds of diners. I ordered Foie gras for an appetizer, rack of lamb for the main course and Eger red wine.
They brought my drinks and some treats from the chef almost instantaneously, property explaining what is being served.
In a few minutes my appetizer was served. Not very big portion, but very satisfying. It was one of the best Foie gras I had in a while .
Then came the main course - rack of lamb. Presentation was impeccable, but the taste was even more out this world!
Special points for design, cleanliness and service!
Restaurant owner personally enquire how satisfying was my dining experience and as I was walking out the door she ran outside and invited me to come back next time. She really made me feel like a royalty and I will defiantly dine in Baraka again.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We experienced Baraka’s newest dining menu on Wednesday, 14 March. The dinner was excellent but the star of the show was the tasting treats that the chef created prior to dinner. What an incredible experience! This is a must visit location for all “foodies”.

1  Thank wardcart3