“Andreas tour madeus want to return!”

Budapest Guide Tours
Ranked #86 of 355 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private tours in Budapest/Hungary I am a native Hungarian, born in Budapest and have worked as a licensed, private guide since 1995. I have a University educational background in economics, but my real passion is guiding. I love my work and I am very enthusiastic to show people all the beauty in Budapest and Hungary, which was forgotten for almost 50 years! I was growing up during the communist regime, but by the time I grew up, it collapsed almost overnight. This gives me a special view on our recent history, but I am also a member of that generation that already had the chance to travel and see other parts of Europe and the world as well. I am very proud to be recommended as a private guide in Budapest and Hungary in Rick Steves' Travel Books! Let me be your private guide while in Budapest and discover much more with me than you would ever be able to do on your own!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had an entire day free in Budapest on a Grand Circle river cruise from Bucharest. As we didn't want to waste the day wandering aimlessly we hired Andrea for the day. This was in November 2017. We didn't waste one minute of the time. We wanted to go inside the Parliament bldg, but she couldn't guide us in there, they have their own guides, so she guided me through getting tickets, got us there in time and made sure we were on the right tour and was at the end of the tour to continue on with her. She gave us all the history we needed, not overkill like some guides. Her driver was excellent and the vehicle was wonderful. Our group of 10 highly recommend her!!!

Andrea M, Owner at Budapest Guide Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Carol,

Thank you so much, it was great to have your group here :-)!
Happy Travels :-)!

"buda"
"pest"
"europe"

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I visited Budapest earlier this month while traveling through Central Europe. We learned about Andrea Makkay from Rick Steves' books, and we were fortunate to find a slot in her schedule for a tour on our first full day in the city. In just a few hours, she gave us a fantastic overview of Budapest, which set the stage for the rest of our trip. Andrea tailored our tour to places that we wanted to see while still providing a good introduction to the main sites of the city. She is exactly what our family was looking for in a tour guide -- someone who is extremely knowledgeable and with whom we truly enjoyed spending half a day. In advance of our trip, Andrea also provided a list of great suggestions of other things to see and do while in Budapest, as well as reserving spots on an evening river cruise, which was a huge help. If you can book Andrea for a tour, you won't be disappointed!

Dear Julie,

Thank you so much, it was great to guide you and I am so happy that you had a great time! :-)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have booked tours of Budapest with Andrea twice over the last few years. The first time was on a visit with my husband, and the second time was on a pre-cruise visit with other couples in our group. Both times we had wonderful experiences with her. Andrea’s knowledge of her city and its history allowed us to gain an understanding that goes well beyond just a “beautiful city” tour. Andrea is engaging and witty, and our entire group of friends raved about her after our tour.
I am a travel agent, and have also booked tours with Andrea for clients visiting Budapest, all of whom have returned with glowing recommendations. I would definitely use Andrea’s services anytime I return to Budapest, or when I have clients visiting the city

Thank you so much!!!
I am so very happy to read the wonderful reviews and I hope to see you again one day in Budapest! :-)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In 2017, Andrea guided our group for two days. She was organized, knowledgeable and timely. She shared many historical and cultural facts and provided us many great memories. She also provide us many options to optimize our tour experience. Highly recommend her!

Andrea M, Tulajdonos at Budapest Guide Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Ronald,