Reviews (1 054)
1 054 results
All reviews great location walking distance free wifi living area continental breakfast bars and restaurants metro station hotel is located by foot nice breakfast public transportation jewish quarter city break chain bridge yogurt microwave sink
6 - 11 of 1 054 reviews
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed 4 nights at the Regency Suites hotel having upgraded our room to a suite with separate living area and a refrigerator. We hoped this would give us somewhere comfortable to relax in the evenings after a long days sightseeing. The location is excellent with the 100E airport bus stopping yards from the front of the hotel (get off, look to the right and the hotel is located between the two stone pillars, with a bakery on one corner and a pharmacy on the other). There are lots of amenities and tourist attractions within easy walking distance. On arrival we were allocated room 701 and could instantly see that this hotel is more 2 star than 4 star. The facilities are exceptionally basic, the carpets in our room were badly stained, the sink in the bathroom was cracked, the shower hook had broken and been replaced with a new one at waist height so you had to use it as a handheld to wash your hair. The bathroom ceiling had exposed air conditioning ducts, the woodwork was damaged and the hairdryer was totally useless. Housekeeping was minimal. We had fresh towels each day and the beds were made but the toilet roll or tea facilities were never replenished. The bed was comfortable and clean but the living area, located through some french doors, sat separate to the room, within a conservatory type area on a roof terrace. There were no lights in it so we couldn't sit in it at night and the daylight only served to show up how filthy it was. Cobwebs and spiders filled the top corners, cigarette ash on the seating (not ours!) did not get cleaned during our entire stay and the roof and windows were thick with dirt. A doorway led onto a terrace which would have been a stunning addition had the hotel not been using it as a junk yard. Broken bits of furniture and old slabs were piled up and the weeds between the slabs were knee high in places. With some TLC this room had the potential to be a beautiful city centre suite but sadly it fell well short of our expectations based on the description given at the time of booking. Breakfast is basic and a bit hit and miss. You could generally find something to eat but getting a table can be tricky after 8am and the bakery across the road or the little bistro just outside offered far more appealing options for no more than a couple of pounds. Overall, the location is the main attraction for this hotel and had we not 'upgraded' perhaps we would not have been quite so disappointed but based on our experience, we wouldn't recommend Regency Suites and if returning to Budapest in the future, we would pay the few pounds extra to stay in the nearby Astoria instead.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The hotel is located centrally with access to public transport and close to shopping and restaurant areas.
The rooms are decent with refrigerator some are also equipped with a microwave oven and kitchen sink. The breakfast is really nice and the personnel are friendly.
Still the facilities and rooms are slightly worn- down and I think this hotel deserves 3 stars rather than the announced 4.

Room tip: check if you need/if the room has microwave and sink
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2018

I went to Budapest for the first time to visit a friend and stayed 4 nights at the Regency Suites Hotel. The location is perfect in the city center with a walking distance to a lot of restaurants, stores and other amusements. I had a quiet room up high at the back of the hotel. Among the facilities there where an electric water boiler, a safety box, a TV, air conditioner, micro wave owen and a fridge. My room had a shower cabin. Shampoo/soap was available. The bed was comfortable and overall it was clean and tidy. Breakfast was okay. The breakfast room was quite small, but I had my breakfast at 7 every morning so there was never a problem for me to find a table. Staff where friendly and helpful. I had a late flight home but I could keep my bag at the hotel during the day which was very helpful to me. Everyone I spoke to could speek english and since I don´t know a single word in hungarian that was really a relief. Phew. ;)

If I come back to Budapest and want to stay in the city center yet another time I absolutely could stay at this hotel again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

We had 3-day touristical holiday in Budapest. Stayed at this hotel. Staff is good but the fitness room is in a very disappointing condition, not ready for working. There was no water boiler as they explained. These were the reason why i gave 3 star.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Breakfast what you see and what you get. Beacon not each day, strawberry just if you are there earlier. omelette awful just the hot chocolat was good. If you want a room for 3 poeple you will have a room with a folding bed not a real bed we try to change the room and we have visited 3 other and all the room was with a folding bed. Also all those room was with a shower with a hose at 3 foot high. Picture you will see from the hotel are not all thruth all the time. Thy gymnasium is in the basement only one machine was working. Many time we was missing towel and toilet paper. The reception in the hall is very small and personnel doesn't know nothing when you ask them something. The only good point is the location and a big room.

Room tip: Not for 3 people and breakfast awful
Date of stay: June 2018