Reviews (3 916)
3 916 results
2 765
2 765
All reviews beautiful hotel boscolo hotel autograph collection ny cafe upgraded to a junior suite steam room the river five star hotel breakfast is served spa facilities sparkling wine hop on hop reception area long weekend jewish quarter breakfast room metro station
1 105 - 1 110 of 3 916 reviews
Reviewed 26 October 2015

This is a truly stunning hotel; the architecture is stunning, and when the New York Cafe is described as the most beautiful cafe in the world, they are not wrong.
Our room was superb; huge and beautifully furnished with a lovely view over the rooftops (room 528).
However the standout praise must go to the lovely Peter, the consieige who checked us in and helped us throughout our stay, recommending wonderful restaurants and booking our tickets for the Parliament Building tour (you have to book in advance).
He also booked the hotel limousine to take us back to the airport, which was driven by another extremely helpful man (sorry, we didn't get your name but were the youngest chauffeur @ 30!)
I cannot fault this hotel in any way, and will return to sample the Gourmet Tasting menu, which unfortunately we couldn't manage due to eating so well in so many other of Baudapests restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Friertuck
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

I had heard so much about the beauty of this hotel from people and taxi drivers in Budapest but little else and I'm wondering is it because there is nothing else to say. I wasn't impressed by the check in staff as I spoke to them the day before requesting an early check in . I arrived an hour later than anticipated and there wasn't a room available . I was told to sit and someone would come to take me to my room . 1.30 min later after going to desk to ask about my room I was finally given a key . I wanted my luggage brought up straight away but that wasn't possible and was given the time frame ."soon "
The room had a hall with a chair in it , why? Who would sit in a dull hall to stare at a door . The bedroom was very dull and had a weird chandelier hanging too low over the bed . Bed was comfy . A small room to the right where you could put your luggage . Another small room to the left where you could hang your clothes in the smallest wardrobe I've seen. 3 very small drawers of not much use . Not a full length mirror to be seen . We had wine and cheese delivered to room . There was a cheap corkscrew , which when I went to open the wine it got stuck . I rang reception and a girl came to the room . I explained to her what happened , she took the birth proceeded to try open it but the corkscrew broke off in her hand . She decided to take the wine away to open and I asked her to replace it with a new bottle as I didn't want it corked but she came back with sand bottle and when I poured it cork was floating in my glass . Exasperated , I ordered food to the room . A simple Cesar salad with chicken . It was the worst salad I had ever tasted and the chicken was tough and tasteless . Next morning I was looking forward to breakfast in this beautiful room with an amazing ceiling . Disappointed doesn't cover it. I went to the egg station and asked for an egg white omelette with tomato and spinach . The young boy was putting peppers in the pan , I told him no , I wanted tomatoes . He continued and I kept telling him , no he was cooking peppers , I had to show him tomatoes, he threw peppers out of pan and added tomatoes . He proceeded to crack eggs and put in pan , I told him no, egg whites . He then cleaned pan and put in egg whites with no tomato , he then served me the eggs whites virtually uncooked and inedible . I proceeded to have cereal and tea and toast . Toaster was broken so no toast . The breakfast buffet left a lot to be desired . Small variety of cereals with no names, some cheese , cold meats no idea what, fish , I tried smoked salmon but it really was awful . Coffee was dreadful and whilst I could look at a beautiful ceiling I was wishing I had stayed where I was in the Budapest Marriott . Leaving the breakfast room I seen some small tables in a balcony beside a piano . One table had a reserved sign, I asked staff was there a pianist playing latte in the day and how do I go about reserving a table . He replied he didn't know and walked off. I seriously questioned the professionalism of the staff in this hotel . I then went to have a look around the spa and met with more unfriendly staff. My overall experience of this hotel was dismal and would advise you to go have a look but stay elsewhere .
The best part of my stay in this hotel was having a bath in the large bathtub and the beautiful and spacious bathroom with two sinks , shower , bidet and wall to wall Mirror even though it was cut short in length by the sinks .
I also didn't like the area, there wasn't much to look at and extremely noisy .

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest ’annie_champagne2004’,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Boscolo Budapest!

As I read your words, I am disappointed that we could not meet our and also your expectations and you considered your stay less satisfactory than you expected.
Please take our sincere apology for all the inconveniences you experienced during the time spent here. Please rest assured that all your concerns have been shared with the team leaders in order to continue improving our services.

Upholding our commitment to provide flawless guest experience, I would like to kindly ask you feel free to contact me directly in order to discuss your concerns further.

I truly believe that we will be able to regain your trust in the near future!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

The Boscolo is a gem in the heart of Budapest. We worried that its location was too far from the river but we were surprised by how much more centrally located it was. The rooms (we stayed on the top floor) were gorgeous and comfortable. But the service was the clincher. The concierge (Peter Borbely) could not do enough to make our stay perfect - from resolving some minor issues upon arrival to making sure we left the hotel in time to catch our flight. Enjoy!

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 24 October 2015

My two daughters and myself have just come back from a three night stay here, we got a warm welcome from the receptionist on arrival before being taken to our beautiful room which had three very comfortable single beds, the room was very spacious and lovely decor. The location was perfect for walking to all places of interest although we did use City Sightseeing Bus which was outside the door. (Buy your tickets from Rio he was friendly and helpful)

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Gaile100
NewYorkPalaceGM, General Manager at New York Palace Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Dear Valued Guest ’Gaile100’,

We really appreciate your kind review about your recent stay with us, and thank you for choosing the Boscolo Budapest!

There are so many small details that make a hotel stay perfect, and as I can see in your case everything was outstanding. We take great pride in delievering such a great experience!

Hopefully, you will return in the near future to our hotel!

Reviewed 21 October 2015

My daughter and I stayed here the first few days in October. The room was perfect and very quiet. We did the spa package so had massage-I had Marta and she was great! We also had breakfast included which was very good. We had missing luggage and a young woman at the front desk whose name I do not remember but think it started with a V was extremely helpful. She called the airport baggage area for us and made other numerous phone calls. We got in at midnight on a Friday and got our luggage on Sunday morning just before we needed to leave for a Viking River cruise. We did the Parliament and city tour through Viator on Saturday and they picked us up at hotel which was great.

Room Tip: We were in 430 and it was very quiet and a somewhat of a view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest ’Wantntotravel’,

Let me say a big thank you for your kind words!

I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us! We are really proud of our colleagues who go much further to assist guests in every situations. I have already passed your compliments to the Vera, the receptionist lady you kindly mentioned.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Boscolo Budapest Hotel, and hopefully you will return to us soon!