Open today: 10:30 - 14:30
Review Highlights
Entertaining tour guide!

Gabor was an excellent tour guide and kept things informative, but also light-hearted and funny! My... read more

Reviewed today
jlvescio
Great energy!

Gábor, the guide, is very friendly, he approaches everyone in the group, gives great tips on things... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Fernando A
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Budapest
from US$114,81
from US$22,96
from US$12,63
from US$10,33
Reviews (3 574)
3 574 results
2 937
2 937
All reviews free tour great tour walking tour red tour legacy tour free budapest general tour morning tour interesting facts excellent guide highly recommend this tour free walking great introduction informative tour beautiful city three hours hungarian culture
2 355 - 2 360 of 3 574 reviews
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Took the tour in Spanish with some foreign friends and I learnt a lot about the history of the capital , although I'm Hungarian as well. Eva is a nice young lady with great knowledge, I definitely recommend the tour.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The tours from this company are incredible!!! I spent the afternoon on the free walking tour and had a blast! Our guides, Timmy and Rudolph were very funny and informative! It was a great way to see the city and learn the history. I enjoyed it so much, I went on the Red Budapest Communism tour after! Adam was very informative and passionate. He taught the history in a very accurate and sensitive way. I learned so much!
I am not even a history buff, just a 21 year old backpacker. I cannot recommend this tour highly enough!!! A must-do in Beautiful Budapest

Date of experience: September 2013
Manager T, General Manager at Generation Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2015

We are happy to hear your had an excellent time on our free walking tour with HostelCulture and thank you for giving us such a great feedback It is our aim that all our free tours are up to a 5-star standard while offering you an authentic insight into Budapest with the best local guides. We do hope you join HostelCulture again in your travels across Europe

Happy travels,

Reviewed 23 September 2013

We were in Budapest for 4 days and did two Free tours.
We learned a lot about the Magyar culture.

It's was a great adventage to do the tour with two local guides.
So it was also possible to ask them questions about life now in Budapest en Hungary.

It's nice to have some history but we also received a lot of information about actual things.
That made it so real and intense.

Keep up the good work!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Going along to a free tour not knowing what to expect, we came away excited & inspired. Judit (I think that was her name...) was very passionate & insightful as well as including some great tips on where to eat/drink around town & helping with the map/navigating around town too. It was also refreshing to hear the history behind Budapest / Hungary in laymans terms from a person near our age. It didnt feel like a free tour, such was the enjoyment level. Overall a must when visiting Budapest & helped best steer our next fun few days around town.

Date of experience: September 2013

It is a delight to hear that you had such a great time on our Free Walking Tour! Our goal is always to ensure each traveller has a stupendous time with us. We appreciate your feedback and hope you had a wonderful time in Budapest. Feel free to join free tours by HostelCulture again on your travels!

Happy travels!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

A great tour which I'd recommend to anyone. Our guide was Timi, who was bursting with enthusiasm and full of information (God only knows how she keeps it all in her head). She also came out with some pretty good jokes! The tour was ideal for me since I wasn't in Budapest long and wanted to discover the main sights in one go.

Timi was also flexible when one group member wanted food, taking us to a spot that sold great-value and tasty strudels.

I tipped 1,000 Ft (about €3.30), hope this was generous enough...

Date of experience: September 2013

We are happy to hear you had an excellent time on our free walking tour with Tmi. Our aim is to ensure all our travellers have not only an insightful experience but a social experience too. Thank you for your feedback. We do hope you enjoyed your time in Budapest and we hope to see you again on another HostelCulture free tour!

P.S: Our tour guides are freelance and love their jobs, so they are happy with any amount you give them!

Happy travels