Reviews (8 178)
6 267
1 396
6 267
1 396
All reviews executive club beautiful hotel royal spa executive room rickshaw restaurant steam room main restaurant five star hotel spa facilities the river tram stop the air conditioning opera house long weekend jewish quarter city break public transport
640 - 645 of 8 178 reviews
Reviewed 30 September 2017

This is a cruise dumping ground. When you walk in you are struck by the beautiful decor and surroundings.
Then you go to check in.
We reserved a king bed. The first room given to us had twin beds and when we entered the room was not made up. Sheets and towels all over. This was around 3pm
Went downstairs. A young trainee who was very nice gave us a room she claimed was a king bed. Walked in and it reeked and I mean reeked of smoke. The beds were two twins pushed together.
Went back down and they graciously upgraded us to a suite. Boy were we fooled. Yes it was a king bed. Yes it had a couch. But is was dirty. The carpets are worn. The walls unclean and I would not let my kid sit on that couch.
Never mind the worst. It stunk of mildew and mold. I am serious. This place is a pit. Until they redo all the carpeting, fumigate, clean the rooms and show concern for their guests stay away. If you are on a river cruise with uniworld or Viking and doing an extension in budapest insist that you stay in another place. Or book your own room and do your own thing. This is a place to avoid at all costs. Especially your cost. It claims to be 5 stars. That is an absolute lie.

Room Tip: If you are on a river cruise insist on alternative site. If you are not and looking for a hotel do not waste your money
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank wilt5868
JeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2017

Dear wilt5868,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Corinthia Hotel Budapest.
I was really disappointed to read that our hotel was not to your liking. Your comments clearly indicate shortfalls in the standard of housekeeping and maintenance and as such, I have addressed the issues you have raised with the relevant members of my team. I apologise for any inconvenience or discomfort caused to you by these shortfalls in the standard of your accommodation and I also appreciate that the nature of a hotel like ours is not a style you seem to enjoy, but thank you for sharing your experience.
Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met during their stay. We continually work on improving our product and services, for which we have received so many accolades and awards.
If you decide to come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Very elegant hotel with lovely large rooms. Very quiet in downtown Budapest. Great buffet breakfast and lovely bar just off the lobby. Great location for getting around Budapest.
Staff very friendly and helpful. Pool and spa very charming.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 2014clm
JeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2017

Dear 2014clm,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for having chosen the Corinthia Hotel Budapest for your recent stay. I am so glad your stay was made special and that you have left with fond memories. The location of the hotel is ideal for both the business and leisure traveller, with an adjacent transport hub for quick and easy access across the city, and many of Budapest's most iconic sights just a short walk away. You have been kind to praise our breakfast buffet selection as well, which I appreciate. The entire team and I send you best wishes from Budapest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

If you are looking to stay in Budapest, really rate this hotel. Centrally located in Jewish quarter with plenty of neighbouring bars and restaurants, and tram line running outside for easy access to other parts of the city. Lovely old building, beautifully furnished with glitzy statutes and Art Deco grandeur. Generous large plush bedrooms, really comfy huge bed. Breakfast was amazing with everything you could ask for. Nice indoor swimming pool, jacuzzis, steam room and sauna are worth a visit. Staff were really friendly and attentive. We went for the reasonably priced Executive room, which came with access to Executive lounge, with good spread of free snacks and drinks - wine, sparkling, beer, spirits, canapés, olives, lunchtime soup etc. Don’t normally go 5* but Budapest prices make it reasonably priced and this hotel was fantastic. Tip - buy tram tickets in books of 10 from machine on platform outside hotel, validate in machine on tram and valid lfor one ride on bus, tram or train. Thanks Corinthia for a great break.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tastravels

Dear Tastravels,

Thank you for your generous feedback posted on Tripadvisor regarding your time at Corinthia Hotel Budapest. I am truly delighted to know that you had a superb stay with us. I am very proud to hear about the impressive levels of service delivered by the team, who went the extra mile to make sure your stay was an extra special one. Your comments mentioning the comfort of your room and diningexperience are also greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I was lucky the spent three days in this lovely and superior hotel few years ago. The hotel was the most elegant hotel I`ve ever seen. The rooms were large and the bathroom was luxurious. The breakfast was amazing. The pool area and the spa were also really charming.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Dear johannahagg,

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to provide us at Corinthia Hotel Budapest with this feedback. The title of your review says it all and is indeed a great reward for us. I am delighted that you continue to enjoy so many aspects of your experiences with us including Royal Spa and beautifully-appointed room as well. Should you decide to come to Budapest again please do not hesitate to reach out in case there is anything we can be of assistance with - it would be our pleasure! The entire team and I send you best wishes from Budapest, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

A beautiful old hotel with large rooms. The bathroom was also spacious and well appointed. Soft comfortable bed. The spa/pool area was fantastic. A great buffet breakfast and a nice wine bar as well. Staff were really helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
JeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Corinthia Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Tracey H,

I would like to thank you that you have taken the time to share your opinion on Tripadvisor. Your passionate words regarding your stay with us are so much appreciated. There is no better way to start the day than the extensive buffet breakfast at the Brasserie & Atrium, and it is also great to wind down after a busy day's sightseeing in our Royal Spa. Next time you plan a return visit, please contact our team for the best offer, we would be very glad to welcome you again.