All reviews astoria metro station turkish bath recommend this hotel jewish quarter minute walk superior room steam room and sauna great hotel national museum ruin bars spa area room was clean and comfortable on arrival central location free coffee quiet side street szimpla kert
Reviewed 10 October 2017

The hotel was great . Clean, modern and fresh. The staff were all friendly , helpfully and cheerful. The location was excellent just 15 minute walk to the Elizabeth Bridge on the Danube (most central point) and just a few minutes walk fro the vibrant Jewish district. Great city and fantastic location for a city break. The bed was so comfy it was a pleasure to go to bed! Late breakfast until 10.30 was nice. Even small invisible details like the cleaners waiting for you to leave for the day, quiet vacuum cleaners and great soundproofing from hallway to room and between the rooms, black out curtains, full tilt and turn windows for extra ventilation. The only negative was no tea and coffee in the room but that does not justify a downgrade to a 4. There was a mini bar fridge. Highly recommendable.

Room Tip: the upgrade to superior gave you lots of extra space. We were lucky to get a free upgrade
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ManchesterNickW
balazsboda, General Manager at Hotel Museum Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear ManchesterNickW,

Thank you very much for your amazing review! It was our pleasure to made your stay unforgettable!

I am pleased to learn you have spent wonderful days in Budapest and we could contribute to making it memorable and comfortable. Your superb feedback is a great encouragement to all of us as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you for your precise description of our services and I am really happy we could meet or even exceed your expectations.

Thank you again for sharing your comments and for staying with us during your stay in Budapest. I hope we can welcome you soon in our hotel again for another excellent stay!

With best regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2017

Really enjoyed our stay at hotel Museum. Its a beautiful clean hotel right in the center and close to everything. We had a massage booked almost everyday with the wonderful therapist Julian. We will return back again next month.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Donald W
balazsboda, General Manager at Hotel Museum Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Donald W,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your wonderful review following your stay at Museum Hotel Budapest.

It made me extremely proud to read your marvelous words, especially on Gyula. He is always strive to do his best for our guests. I was also pleased to read you were satisfied with our services, and we could live up to your expectations in all aspects.

Thank you again for your review and for choosing Museum Hotel Budapest. I am looking forward to your next visit!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 5 October 2017

We stayed at the Museum Hotel on 20 September 2017. The room we had (Number 1) is spacious and on the ground floor which is OK. No Tea or Coffee making facilities in our room but a coffee machine is located in the sitting area near reception, but it is not always switched on and you have to ask to have it turned on. Staff at reception were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was well catered but the breakfast staff were not friendly and we noticed them making fun of a group of Americans who were staying and having breakfast too. Mind you, the Americans were very loud and a pain in the neck to us as well, talking at the top of their voices. I probably wouldn't stay here again because I will not be back to Budapest anyway - going back to Prague, much nicer and the people are friendlier.

Room Tip: Ground Floor rooms are noisy because of guests arriving at reception.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
balazsboda, Ügyvezető igazgató at Hotel Museum Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear vickyj0hn,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences following your stay at Museum Hotel Budapest.

I was happy to read our friendly reception staff and lavish breakfast were up to your expectations.

Please take my personal apologies if you were not informed that upon request we are pleased to provide a kettle in each room, in order our guests can enjoy a cup of tea in the comfort of their room. We would have been glad to provide a complimentary upgrade as well to one of our superior rooms, in which Nespresso coffee machine and a nice selection of tea are guaranteed if this would have made your stay more comfortable.

Thank you very much for drawing my attention to the improper behavior of some members of our staff, I will definitely make a follow up to avoid the future occurrence of this issue.

Thank you very much for choosing Museum Hotel Budapest for your holiday, and I truly hope you will return one day to our unique and wonderful capital city.

Best regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Located very close to everything, very clean, recently updated, great breakfast, friendly and helpful staff I highly recommend this hotel. Has jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath (though the house should be longer) which makes for a nice relax after touring the incredible city of Budapest. Interesting architecture that has modern additions making for a really great stay with lots of nooks and crannies to have quiet chats over a glass of wine.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Tony F,

I would like to wholeheartedly thank you for sharing your superb review following your recent stay at Museum Hotel Budapest.

I am thrilled to learn you have labeled us a perfect hotel with perfect location. It made me extremely proud reading your majestic words on our staff, services, and facilities. I will definitely share it with all members of the team as your feedback is a great encouragement for all of us.

We are looking forward to welcome you back many more times in the near future!

With best regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2017

The plus of the hotel is the location. Right next to the beautiful Jewish quarter and 5min walking from Astoria square where you can easily catch a bus or metro.
Minussus: Heater didn't work the first night, very cold room. They allowed screaming children in the spa. The jacuzzi stinks like chloride/old socks. A rope or flip flops to use are only available for suite rooms in this spa hotel (?). Spa is opened only from 17h. And the most absurd is that there is only 1 coffee machine where there is only espresso to make with milk powder option. No tea to make at all. Not to get in the whole hotel! We were sent to 'Starbucks'. Even in a 1* there is an option usually to make a cup of tea. Further the cleaners are not doing their job well. We will come back to Budapest but definately not to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wizz Tours

Dear Traveller1327,

Thank you very much for staying at Museum Hotel Budapest and sharing your feedback with us! There is no better way to identify those areas where improvement is needed than learning from our guest’s reviews.

I wish I could had had spoken with you personally to reveal these issues during your stay and to find a solution for all you are mentioning in the review to turn your mixed feelings into a nice experience in our hotel.

Allow me to make a remark on the opening times of our wellness facilities. Unfortunately, during the day our guests are not visiting the jacuzzi and sauna quite often, therefore it seemed reasonable shortening the opening time for the peak hours. I truly appreciate your remark and we will definitely take into consideration revising the opening hours.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and I truly hope you had a lovely time in Budapest.

Kind regards,