NH Budapest City(Budapest)
US$130
US$306
US$277
  • Pool
Maverick City Lodge(Budapest)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
HotelsClick
US$754
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsastoria metro stationturkish bathrecommend this hotelgreat hoteljewish quartersteam room and saunasuperior roomnational museumcentral locationspa areaminute walkroom was clean and comfortableruin barsjust returned from a night stayhot and cold foodquiet streetfree coffee
Reviewed 16 December 2016

Although this is a city centre hotel, it was very quiet as it is in a side street with not a lot of traffic. The hotel reception staff are very friendly and helpful, they booked us a taxi to the airport and our trip to the outdoor baths. They also gave us advise on bus/ underground. The room was clean & the bed comfortable. The breakfast was excellent with a good range of hot and cold food (fresh & tinned fruit, cereal, yogurt, cold meats, cheeses, bacon, sausage, eggs,pastries and a wide range of breads). The restaurant staff were efficient & kept every thing well topped up. We didn't use the spa so I can't comment on it. We stayed for 3 nights as part of a visit to the Christmas markets and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank evybiscuit
Janos19490731, Vezető at Hotel Museum Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Dear evybiscuit,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Museum Budapest. It is always a pleasure to receive such a positive feedback.
I am so pleased that you were satisfied with our friendly staff,our good location the comfortable room..
I do hope to be able to welcome you again in Hotel Museum Budapest,

I wish you Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Reviewed 15 December 2016

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
Janos19490731, Vezető at Hotel Museum Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

We were recommended this hotel for our 4 night stay in Budapest and I was impressed with the price working out at about £50 per night. The location is perfect - we walked everywhere in Buda and Pest from here and there are lots of bars and restaurants close by. We did use the hotel as a base to sleep - unfortunately we didn't get chance to use the spa as it is only open 5pm - 10pm. These timings seemed quite restrictive. I had a few issues with the bedroom which made me doubt the 4* rating. Firstly there is no tea or coffee making facilities - we had a standard room and you have to upgrade to a superior room for this luxury! I find this quite surprising, I stay at a lot of hotels and this is pretty standard. We stayed in December but despite this slept with the window open. The room was far too hot and despite attempting to lower the thermostat to 5degrees the temperature didn't drop and it was uncomfortable to sleep. Good location and price but room for improvement.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Janos19490731, Vezető at Hotel Museum Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2016

Dear Em88Lou,

I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies, however I stayed many times round the world in 4**** hotels without coffeeservice in the room..that is why we offer a free coffee in the lobby..this is perhaps overlooked..
I was thinking about it and decided to keep all the 4 stars..
Anyway thank you again for your kind words and hope we can welcome you again in Hotel Museum Budapest,

kind regards, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Reviewed 12 December 2016

I just spent a few days at this hotel. As a general impression the hotel didn't left any extra impression for a four star hotel.
We have arrived pretty early - thing that I had previously noticed to the hotel staff -, and we had to wait the normal check in time to get the room. Here I didn't felt any extra effort from the staff to get the room earlier.
When we got the room finnally it was a positive thing - much better than we had aspected - large, spacious, clean room.
At this point I should point out the good location of the hotel, it is near to two main metro lines - M2,M3 and to tram 4/6 -. You can easillly reach any tourist atraction, shopping facilities on foot too.
Staff isn't over friendly, they are helpful and polite. I would mention the restaurant staff, they are very proffesional and helpful, they are the best part of the staff. Overall i was satisfied mainly with the staff expect one team of two girls from the front reception and they could improve the room cleaning service to.
Breakfast is plentiful but not very varied. For a four star hotel it could be more diverisified.
Averall I would recomand this hotel to stay in there, maybe in a quiter period of the year.

Room Tip: Rooms from higher floors - for quiet enviroment
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Gergely L,

Thank you for taking time to send us your comment about your stay in Hotel Museum Budapest.
Let me remind you for some small things you perhaps forgot to mention:
You arrived at 06.30 a.m/!!/....official checkin time / published at all our sites/ 02.00 p.m.repeat 02.00 p.m.
The room was ready at 10.00 a.m./!!/ and you received a free upgrade to superior room with free nespresso coffee and tea service..Usually we charge for early check in and late checkout but this time we have not done...What else could we have been done for you?? / the check in time is the same all over the world usually at 02.00 p.m no early checkin guaranteed at any part of the world..no comment if it is "new experience" for you
Probably you forgot to mention that free coffe and tea was offered you during the waiting time in the lobby...
Just one more comment at my side...the objectivity is the quality of inteligent people
Finally there is no quiet period in Hotel Museum as it is mostly completed and I cannot promise anyone an early checkin

Best regards

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hotel Museum in Budapest.
The hotel is in a great location just round the corner from the Astoria M2 metro stop, or alternatively the Kalvin ter stop on the M3 line is only slightly further away and you don't need to change lines coming from the airport.
We used the 200E dedicated airport bus which takes around 20mins to get to the M3 metro line then around 15mins on the metro to get into town. Tickets are easy to get from a small booth beside the information desk.
On getting to the Hotel the staff were all friendly and helpful. The room was large, and more importantly for December warm.
We used the spa facilities on our second day which were as described in other reviews that we had read. Steam room, sauna ( no working light when we visited ) and a large jacuzzi.
Breakfasts were very good lots of choice, a teapot shortage some mornings and none of the teapots had lids. Also if you want normal UK tea take your own. No tea/ coffee making facilities in the rooms and though there is a machine in the seating / bar area down stairs it was not working and we had to pay for tea / coffee from the bar, which to be honest is pretty much the only thing that was a negative. Easy walk into the centre of the city or to get on the trams / Metro. A book of ( 10 individual tickets) for use on all public transport was 3000huf around £10.00 ( ticket machines in all metro stations ) not at tram stops .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JARV2011

Dear JARV2011,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Museum Budapest.I am pleased that you enjoyed our comfortable rooms, wonderful location and
a special pleasure for me you found our staff friendly and helpful.
I am so glad you were satisfied with the services of our spa /the lighting is very discrete people think that there is no light but there is.../
Coffee service in the lobby at day time is always granted..anyway I hope to be able to welcome you again in our Hotel Museum Budapest,

I wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year