Reviews (3 797)
2 467
1 054
2 467
1 054
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgethe club loungebuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationfamous chainexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas marketbuda sidetram stopfour seasonsbeautiful cityfisherman's bastion
1 026 - 1 031 of 3 797 reviews
Reviewed 3 November 2015

This is hotel is fab. Right on the Danube front and easy access to the Chain Bridge to visit the Palace or hop on a boat trip down the Danube. The rooms are spotless and the views are fab.
Breakfast is lovely, but the bar is very pricey.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone.
Make sure you clarify though that you have a river facing room and whether the room is double, as apparently this needs specifically requesting in superior river facing rooms.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a river view. The views are spectacular.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa C
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Dear Lisa C,
Thank you very much for your review.
It makes me happy that you had a great stay and you enjoyed the location.
Best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed here a couple of weeks ago. We loved the place! Such a convenient location, most things are in walking distance and there's even a hop on hop off bus tour stop just up the road. I chose a river view room when I booked and I wasn't disappointed! The views were stunning, and it looks so pretty at night. The rooms were clean and of an OK size. The breakfast was also great and the waitresses did a very good job and made sure our drinks were topped up! We often had a couple of drinks in the bar in in the evening and there was a lovely lady working who recommended some great craft ales for me! All in all great hotel, great location and amazing staff, I would recommend to anyone.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear JenT1401,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad that you and your boyfriend had an excellent stay with us.
With best regards,

Reviewed 1 November 2015

This hotel is in a perfect location, right on the Danube! We were able to walk to St Stephen's Cathedral, Parliament Building, Shoe Memorial, Chain Bridge, the shopping was steps away! Public transportation right outside the door. The Lobby is very nice, the staff very friendly & accommodating. The breakfast was fantastic, great selection, you won't leave hungry. The also had an Asian selection of foods. The rooms were decent size, we had a ledge by the window so that was good for suitcases & bags. The bathrooms were small. A mirror over the desk would be nice near electric outlet since my curling iron wouldn't work in the bathroom. We spent three nights at this hotel and would highly recommend it. Beds were comfortable, temperature control was good, very comfortable sleeping. All in all a great choice while visiting Budapest, a beautiful city.

Stayed: October 2015
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2015

Dear tagent22,
Thank you very much for your review and for recommending us to other travellers.
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2015

Despite a cold rather stiff reception from the lady checking us in every thing was perfect.
A room with the most amazing view,a bed so comfortable that you don't want to get out of it and a breakfast that's hard to beat.
The hotel is located on the river, within walking distance of many sights and next to the Hop on Hop off bus.So convenient!!!!
Tickets for this bus can be bought from the concierge and the bus is well worth the 20euro per person
If you can get a room with Club Lounge access book it!
You are afforded a very quiet comfy place with amazing views where attention is the staff's speciality,there are snacks all day and the choice of beverages is endless up to 10pm.
My congrats to the IHG and my thanks for making it a wonderful short break

Room Tip: King Club Access Room
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Octavios1,
Thank you very much for your review.
It makes me delighted that you had a perfect stay with us.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

Just checked in early this morning. May be the best hotel we've ever stayed.

Amazing staff, great location, beautiful building both in and out. We highly recommend this facility.

Found this hotel partially through trip advisor. Not been down to the lounge yet but it looks nice also. The desserts look great, can't wait to try one

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear John M,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Best regards,