All reviews bicycle theme free coffee machine magnetic strip themed hotel the river budapest city comfortable bed number tram tram line air con ironing room spar supermarket gold member friendly reception lots of hot water reception area shower screen
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

We arrived 5 hours ahead of our check-in time and the front desk staff were excellent, they immeadiatly took our bags into storage, made sure we had a (free) coffee and within 1 hour had our room ready.

Breakfast is large, buffet and almost unending.

The room, whilst small, was warm, impecibly clean and very comfortable (the bed is one of most comfortable hotel beds I have slept in.

Overall, great staff, comfortable, clean, very filling breakfast and bicycles, lots of bicycles

We would definetly come back again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I spent one night here last week.
The room was very warm and despite selecting the appropriate controls on the air conditioning unit, the room only became hotter.
I did not sleep well as there was poor sound proofing and my room looked out onto a busy square.
Finally I was disappointed that the hotel only serves food at breakfast time. A bottle of water in the room would have been nice

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BudapestHotelGM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2017

Dear SpottyMpilot,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Budapest City. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Unfortunately the heating-cooling system is a one-way system, either it can heat or cool, and from the middle of October we need to set the heating on.

Mr. Dániel Vetlényi

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We went to this hotel mainly because of the design, And I have to say it was an excellent decision. Location of the hotel is fine - across the street there is a shopping centre. The hotel is all designed in "lemon with bicycles"! Funny place really, but we liked it a lot! Breakfast was ok for this price range hotel. Clean. Really comfy bed! We got free upgrade because we came with a daughter. All in all really top experience. Definitely recommend this hotel. And just as I am writing this, my daughter came by and said - yes I liked lemons!!! :)

Room Tip: Facing the river
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel has an unhealthy obsession with bicycles. Bikes and bike parts are everywhere, sprinkled around the lobby and integrated into the corporate 'art' that hangs on all the walls. The hotel gurus who designed this probably wanted to get real, get down with the kids or something. But it's very fake.

Main problem, however, is the heating system. My room was over-heated, so before retiring I set the fan to max and turned the thermostat way down low,. At 2.30 in the morning I was woken by truly oppressive heat. Drenched in sweat, heart pounding and head splitting, I groped for the thermostat controls only to discover that they were entirely for show. Nothing worked. I had finally arrived in hell.

I crawled naked across the floor of my fan-assisted oven, wrenched the window open and staggered onto the balcony, much to the amusement of a rabble of late night taxi drivers.

I had to be up early for a working breakfast. You know those mornings when you really need good coffee? On the plus side, the coffee at Styles hotel is free. On the debit side, it is undrinkable. In fact, the breakfast is very poor overall.

So what is good about Ibis Styles? Their staff. Keen, smart, great people.

Room Tip: Top floor may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
BudapestHotelGM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear Paul C,

Every ibis styles hotel in the world has a theme, and our is the bicycle, this is why you can see patterns of it everywhere.

Mr. Dániel Vetlényi

Reviewed 3 November 2017

I was really surprised to get this service from all the crew. The hotel was good situated near bus and tram station. It is a quiet hotel with a nice breakfast in the morning, i enjoyed it. It's budget hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends