“By far the best IBIS around”

Ibis Styles Budapest City
Ranked #44 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is definitely the best IBIS hotel that I have ever stayed at - Why? The new IBIS styles is obviously different to the IBIS that I have become accustomed to for many years now, but this particular hotel sets the bar for all the others within this category.

The layout of the hotel was as you would expect. It is the theme that is delightfully catchy - bicycles! Everywhere you go you will find a bicycle or parts of one game-fully employed as a coat rack, stool, lamp holders, etc. There is even an exercise bike in the reception and another where you can make your own smoothie for breakfast.

The hotel is very clean, tidy, well maintained and the decor is soft and fun. The rooms are standard as rooms go, but again, clean, tidy and well maintained. Our room had a small balcony that had a good view over the Danube. The bed was comfortable and the shower water temperate did actually adjust from freezing (which I personally prefer) to very hot.

There are two lifts and despite the size of the Hotel, we did not find ourselves waiting too long at any time of the day. What also impressed me was the well-equipped children’s corner which kept one very active toddler happy.

The breakfast was by far the best that I had experienced at any of the IBIS hotels that I had stayed at over as many years. There was a good selection of local delicacies as well as fruit, cereals, salads, cold meats, breads. The hot food was limited to just scrambled egg, mini frankfurters, pasta.

There is free coffee and tea available 24/7 (self service) in the reception area. Adjacent to the reception desk is the bar serving beer, spirits and freshly made coffee.

The staff are polite, efficient and helpful.

The hotel is well located for business people and tourists, has a very nice theme and layout and is therefore very good value for money.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ps151061

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived 5 hours ahead of our check-in time and the front desk staff were excellent, they immeadiatly took our bags into storage, made sure we had a (free) coffee and within 1 hour had our room ready.

Breakfast is large, buffet and almost unending.

The room, whilst small, was warm, impecibly clean and very comfortable (the bed is one of most comfortable hotel beds I have slept in.

Overall, great staff, comfortable, clean, very filling breakfast and bicycles, lots of bicycles

We would definetly come back again

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I spent one night here last week.
The room was very warm and despite selecting the appropriate controls on the air conditioning unit, the room only became hotter.
I did not sleep well as there was poor sound proofing and my room looked out onto a busy square.
Finally I was disappointed that the hotel only serves food at breakfast time. A bottle of water in the room would have been nice

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BudapestHotelGM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear SpottyMpilot,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Budapest City. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Unfortunately the heating-cooling system is a one-way system, either it can heat or cool, and from the middle of October we need to set the heating on.

Mr. Dániel Vetlényi

Reviewed 7 November 2017

We went to this hotel mainly because of the design, And I have to say it was an excellent decision. Location of the hotel is fine - across the street there is a shopping centre. The hotel is all designed in "lemon with bicycles"! Funny place really, but we liked it a lot! Breakfast was ok for this price range hotel. Clean. Really comfy bed! We got free upgrade because we came with a daughter. All in all really top experience. Definitely recommend this hotel. And just as I am writing this, my daughter came by and said - yes I liked lemons!!! :)

Room Tip: Facing the river
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2017

This hotel has an unhealthy obsession with bicycles. Bikes and bike parts are everywhere, sprinkled around the lobby and integrated into the corporate 'art' that hangs on all the walls. The hotel gurus who designed this probably wanted to get real, get down with the kids or something. But it's very fake.

Main problem, however, is the heating system. My room was over-heated, so before retiring I set the fan to max and turned the thermostat way down low,. At 2.30 in the morning I was woken by truly oppressive heat. Drenched in sweat, heart pounding and head splitting, I groped for the thermostat controls only to discover that they were entirely for show. Nothing worked. I had finally arrived in hell.

I crawled naked across the floor of my fan-assisted oven, wrenched the window open and staggered onto the balcony, much to the amusement of a rabble of late night taxi drivers.

I had to be up early for a working breakfast. You know those mornings when you really need good coffee? On the plus side, the coffee at Styles hotel is free. On the debit side, it is undrinkable. In fact, the breakfast is very poor overall.

So what is good about Ibis Styles? Their staff. Keen, smart, great people.

Room Tip: Top floor may be a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Paul C,

Every ibis styles hotel in the world has a theme, and our is the bicycle, this is why you can see patterns of it everywhere.

Mr. Dániel Vetlényi